Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Position: Business Data Analyst
Pay Rate: $40 - $45 per hour DOE, W-2
Location: Carlsbad, CA **Prefer On-Site (or hybrid) worker, but willing to review full remote workers (after training) as well**
Duration: Consulting Position, 12+ Months
Scope of Position:
In this role you will support the business intelligence strategy and related initiatives that deliver comprehensive, actionable data reporting and analysis for commercial, functional and business leadership and team members to evaluate key performance metrics and correlate current or future actions aimed to improve top/bottom line results. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Analytics and working within a highly matrixed organization, this position will be part of a global team of Business Analysts that contribute to the overall growth of the Global Services & Support business within the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Assess business needs through collaboration with global business leaders and subject matter experts to drive design, implementation, and improve visibility/accuracy of our data for scalable and efficient solutions
• Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and analyses to enable our team self-service data needs, enabling faster decision making as well as execution
• Work with data set from various data sources such as SAP ERP, Sales Force, Cloud for Service, Workday and reporting systems such as Business Objects and Cognos/EDW
• Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using Power BI, SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets
• Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders as well as ad-hoc and time sensitive requests to advance key initiatives
• BA/BS in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (e.g., business, computer science, math, economics, statistics)
• 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data
• At least 2-3 years of experience in a business intelligence or analytics role focused on gathering, reporting and interpreting key operational or financial performance indicators, ideally for life science products and services.
• Must have experience with Power BI data visualization and its various features as well as DAX
• Experience with SQL to extract required data from database
• Experience with Excel and its advance features like Pivot table, vlookups, charts
• Experience building data model, measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions using various data sources
• Familiarity with Python is a plus
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Candidates must currently reside in USA
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without restrictions
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.