Same as job req: R-00904352.
The Client Services Project Manager II will be responsible for developing, launching, streamlining and managing global Licensing and Commercial Supply (LCS) processes and procedures related to pre-sale activities, quote-to-cash processes, and post-sale support. Specifically, the individual will support the LCS Segment Leads responsible for driving and supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD).
- Develop, refine and manage the methods and processes to enable the effective and efficient flow of information between internal Thermo Fisher Scientific teams (i.e., Operations, R&D, Product Management, etc.) and external facing Business Development Managers (BDMs).
- Coordinate the gathering, development, approval, and execution of activities to assist the BDMs and LCS Segment Leaders to address LCS customer needs and requirements. These tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Interaction with R&D;
- Direct Customer support;
- Early access product support;
- Interaction with the following functions within Operations:
- Technical operations;
- Manufacturing; and
- Project Management Office (PMO).
- Manage and own the relationships, communications and interaction with key operational partners at global sites in order to manage, improve and develop processes related to post-sale support of customers, BDMs, and LCS Segment Leader, and update customers as appropriate in partnership with BDMs.
- Manage and own key performance indicators (KPIs) related to pre-sale activities, quote-to-cash processes, and post-sale support.
- Bachelors of Science or a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related role in a life sciences/biotechnology company.
- Minimum 1-3 years of direct experience working in operational Project Management within a life sciences/biotechnology company; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-3 years of experience in project managing the development of custom products and/or projects, including experience with costing models, stage/gate development, quality control procedures, life science kit production, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in and familiarity with:
- Project Management;
- Product costing;
- Manufacturing systems;
- Managing customer communications;
- Order handling and logistics;
- Partnering with field sales to manage sales opportunities;
- Customer facing experience;
- Driving projects to completion;
- Quoting process and procedures; and
- Working within a highly matrixed organization to partner with Finance, Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, Business, and Regulatory colleagues.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
Demonstrated Leadership / Teamwork Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication; must be able to effectively communicate with internal customer and external customers.
- Ability to influence and manage Team members to drive results without having direct authority.
- Problem solving; must be able to quickly identify the root cause of issues and develop appropriate mitigation path(s).
- Demeanor: must work well with others and drive an agenda with diplomacy.
- Builds relationships easily and manages relationships with integrity.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a group setting, with minimal supervision.
- Detail orientated.
- Big picture awareness.
Posting ID: 598694718Posted: 2021-01-12