Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated. POSITION SUMMARY
Provides clerical support including typing correspondence, reports, and documents; maintaining filing systems; and coordinating daily interoffice activities. REPORTS TO:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- High school graduate; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a business setting, health care preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to type at least 50 words per minute and familiarity with basic computer programs.
- Provides clerical support to agency management and supervisory personnel.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, documents, and medical Plans of Care.
- Schedules appointments for management staff and schedules meeting rooms.
- Prepares updates to policies and procedures as directed.
- Prepares statistical reports as needed.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and medical supplies.
- Establishes agency standards and appropriate reorder points.
- Monitors supply needs and assures availability of supplies needed.
- Prepares client charge slips as directed and forwards them to the billing department.
- Assists with the billing process.
- Assists with data entry of schedules for billing and payroll.
- Maintains current admission log.
- Monitors return of doctors’ orders.
- Enters all new clients into the computer system
- Assists with hiring process for direct care staff.
- Provides initial telephone screening for applicants and sets up interviews if appropriate
- Requests references on applicants.
- Assists in orientation and training of new clerical staff.
- Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards.
- Accepts responsibility in accordance with the role of the Administrative Assistant.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws.
- Attends meetings and educational programs as required.
- Participates in the Agency quality improvement activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Communicates necessary information to Supervisor and management team to ensure coordination of services and activities.
- Attends clinical staff meetings as needed to communicate information needs as they relate to physician orders and other timely written reports.
- Contacts clients, referral sources, families, and other disciplines as directed to assure care coordination.
- Assists with filing of documentation in the clinical record. Reports missing or incomplete charting.
- Participates and communicates with other departments to assure that tasks are accomplished.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements
for performance of this job. During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.
Posting ID: 582532083Posted: 2020-10-28