The Cargo Handler drives a fork-lift to load/Un-load freight from customer and company trucks. Assist customers with loading/un-loading freight from their cars and moving freight onto and off skids. Assist with loading ocean containers and over the road trucks, and hand loading boxes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system.
2. Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated marshalling areas, and help load and unload cargo goods safely.
3. Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
4. Calculate and record shipment weights.
5. Inspect and count items received and check them against airway bills, bill of lading, or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
6. Record cargo shipped, received, and stored.
7. Retrieve stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary.
8. Route received goods to first available flight or to appropriate storage areas or departments, using forklifts, hand trucks, or other equipment.
9. Assemble containers and crates used for transport.
10. Attach address labels, identification codes, and shipping instructions to pallets/containers.
11. Open cargo containers and unwrap contents, using steel cutters, crowbars, or hand tools.
12. Pack goods for shipping, using tools such as staplers, strapping machines, and hammers.
13. Untangle and inspect aircraft nets following FAA regulations.
14. Use cargo nets to cover pallets ready for transport to ensures the pallet is within FAA regulations to be used on our aircraft.
15. Tie-down pallets and install strap or brace, to prevent shifting or damaging of freight during transit.
16. Correctly assign pallets with proper destination, commodity code and date it was built.
17. Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by using a hand-held scanner and ensures the pallet number is correct at time of scanning.
18. Maintain a safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
$9.00p/h plus benefits
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]