ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS:If you are a retired/inactive nurse or graduate nurse, opportunities are currently available for you to make a difference in someone's life. The Texas Board of Nursing is implementing waivers of certain requirements to re-activate retired or inactive nursing licenses and to extend the permits of graduate nurses up to six months in response to COVID-19. Opportunities are also available for CNAs, dietary cooks and aides. Please contact Whispering Springs Rehab and Healthcare Center for potential employment opportunities. Join our team and make a difference in someone's life.
Nexion affiliates operate 43 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
The Maintenance Assistant performs various duties to maintain a clean and safe environment for residents, staff and visitors. Maintenance services are provided in accordance with facility policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations to enhance resident comfort and enhance the quality of life.
- Conduct scheduled maintenance throughout physical plant and equipment
- Maintain and test the emergency power system to ensure availability of power to entrances, exits, fire detection alarms and extinguishing equipment, and life support system in the event of an interruption of electrical supplies.
- Maintain essential equipment (e.g., boiler room equipment, nursing unit medication room refrigerators, kitchen refrigerator/freezer, and laundry equipment) in operating condition.
- Test facility hot water system on a regular basis to evaluate water temperatures in essential locations of facility. Monitors for the acceptable range of temperatures and immediately starts repairs to eliminate hazards for facility residents, staff and others.
- Inspect, test and maintain resent call system to ensure a functioning communication system from rooms, toilets and bathing facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Assistant must have
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of physical plant and equipment experience in an institutional environment. Vocational training in skilled trade or other relevant training preferred.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry and AC repairs etc.
- Experience with general up keep of commercial building
- A valid driver license with a good driving record.
Compensation and Benefits Package
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, ADandD Benefits, LT/ST Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account and 401K
Posting ID: 571378792Posted: 2020-09-24