Join a team that's been welcoming guests for more than a century. At Pinehurst our Culture is critical to delivering a consistent guest, member and employee experience. Our Purpose is, "As the Cradle of American Golf, we honor timeless traditions and inspire legendary stories, one smile, one round, one moment at a time." Our Values are; Genuine Hospitality, Be Trustworthy, Good Stewards and Inspired Innovation. If you're seeking a heartfelt workplace then Pinehurst is the place for you. Every role contributes to upholding our treasured culture, performs their job duties consistently and handles other job duties as assigned in our ever-changing environment.
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise all daily operations of the Brewery to include the hiring and training of staff, scheduling, counseling, payroll control, training, overseeing service for all meals ensuring that all guests receive the highest level of service.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position involves driving a company vehicle and/or company insured vehicle. A valid driver's license is required, along with successful completion of a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and annual MVRs, according to company guidelines. Follow safe, defensive driving practices at all times, obey all traffic laws, regulations, signals and markings, use a seat belt, and follow Company policies and procedures, including the Substance Abuse Policy. Never drive while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medications that may impair your ability to operate a vehicle safely, report any accidents immediately and cooperate fully with insurance claims investigations.
- Supervises the Brewery restaurant operations.
- Thorough knowledge of state liquor laws as applied to bartending and brewery operational practices and procedures as would be acquired through two to three years of similar experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of Employees both Front of the House and Heart of the House.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining the Resort IP (inventory/purchasing) (ETEC) system, using proper procedures for requisitioning, invoicing, purchasing.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all par stock levels of alcoholic beverages in the Brewery.
- Maintain floor presence during peak hours of operation. (Times)
- Maintains C.O.G. to budget.
- Meet with the Resort Director of Food & Beverage on a daily basis to go over all beverage and food requirements.
- Schedules staff based on business. Provide outstanding service to our members and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greet all arriving guests in a pleasant manner, making them feel welcome and at ease.
- Promote Resort outlets, activities and functions offered throughout the Resort of Pinehurst.
- When necessary, assist bartenders in preparing member/guest cocktails using standard measuring devices and according to the formulas approved by the Resort F&B Director.
- Assume responsibility for communicating to the Brewery Employees any and all requirements of supplies, equipment needs, equipment outages, etc.
- Oversees the continuous cleanliness of all Brewery areas by conducting daily walk-through.
- Ensures quality level of food and beverage products and maintains quality standards in services, facilities, and member/guest satisfaction.
- Conducts lineups for Front the House and Heart of the House staff members to inform instructions about the menus, service suggestions and Resort or Employee events.
- Responsible for training all service personnel in the Brewery.
- Familiarizes self with menu, paying particular attention to daily specials and proper pronunciation of those menu items. Describes menu items and makes suggestions about various dishes, alcohol beverages and wines.
- Verifies the accuracy of prices, taxes, tips, and other charges on all member/guest checks and accurately operates the Point of Sale system per the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Complies with proper standards when processing closing paperwork.
- Ensures that bartender and server work stations are properly cleaned and refilled at the end of each shift.
- Handles any member/guest complaints and advises the management so they can be immediately and professionally resolved. Keep a detailed logbook of positive/negative comments
- Make an accurate change and record credit cards as well as member/guest charges as described by Standard Operating Procedures.
- When necessary, assist servers in taking guest/member orders, and serving food and beverages professionally and courteously.
- Closes Brewery at the designated times, supervises the completion of closing financial reports and secures the lounge and service bar using the standard closing procedures.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and adheres to dress code as defined by the Food and Beverage department.
- Conducts end of period inventory of areas of responsibility.
- Train service to Pinehurst standards
- Understand and comply with the state Brewery laws as they relate to serving and measuring Beer and to sell the public.
- Understand and comply with state Brewery/ liquor laws as they relate to purchasing, receiving, and transferring beverages to all resort outlets.
- Ensures that the Resort Director of F&B, and/or Manager-on-Duty are informed of members/guests who may be intoxicated. Any member/guest who is clearly intoxicated is not to be served.
- Operate within the guidelines, policies, standards, and constraints as established by Pinehurst Resort.
- This position does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Maintain weekly/monthly calendar of Brewery Events.
- Maintain an Entertainment calendar
- Social Media awareness.
- In this position, you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays wherever needed even if your primary outlet is closed.
Directly supervises various employees in the Brewery restaurant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; ensuring employment-related policies are followed and hours worked and time off are reported timely and accurately to ensure correct payment of wages; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to perform moderate physical work, performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping for up to five (5) hours without sitting. May be required to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly by lifting cases of beverages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works primarily indoors in the restaurant/bar environment. Potential exposure to sharp and rapid equipment movement hazards, sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves, grills and food, and dangerous chemicals/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pinehurst, LLC reserves the right to transfer any employee from his/her current job assignment or location to another job assignment or location as needed, either on a temporary or regular basis.