The Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the below duties. The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager. This is an full-time contract to permanent role.
- Develop and implement process improvements to improve quality, safety, and productivity.
- Support assembly operations when quality issues arise to maintain production.
- Evaluate and disposition non-conforming parts and products.
- Analyze and provide written response for customer service returns (CSD’s). Implement corrective actions to eliminate future reoccurrence when technical, material or process issues are responsible.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Initiate, research, and follow up on ECN’s to assure their implementation.
- Provide assistance to customer and customer service representatives.
- Develop and implement procedures for manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and test processes. Conducts training sessions on these procedures.
- Provide tactical value engineering and quality support.
- Analyzes quality problems to determine the root cause, work with team members to drive issue resolution and implements corrective actions to eliminate the root cause.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and of testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of MRB material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field required
- Minimum 5 years' engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Corrective Action, Root Cause Analysis.
- Customer quality assurance experience.
- Experience mentoring quality technicians and inspectors.
- Experience in PPAP, FMEA, ISO 9001
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (verbal and written)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) certification or lean certification preferred
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 597568956Posted: 2021-01-17