Join a team that's been welcoming guests for more than a century. At Pinehurst our Culture is critical to delivering a consistent guest, member and employee experience. Our Purpose is, "As the Cradle of American Golf, we honor timeless traditions and inspire legendary stories, one smile, one round, one moment at a time." Our Values are; Genuine Hospitality, Be Trustworthy, Good Stewards and Inspired Innovation. If you're seeking a heartfelt workplace then Pinehurst is the place for you. Every role contributes to upholding our treasured culture, performs their job duties consistently and handles other job duties as assigned in our ever-changing environment.
The primary purpose of the Sous Chef- Deuce is to assist the PCC Executive Chef and the Chef De Cuisine in the management of kitchen department operations, in order to ensure the highest levels of food quality, safety and sanitation are monitored and maintained at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, Culinary School Degree and a minimum of five years' experience. Have a minimum of three years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the ordering and overseeing and/or performing preparation of all foods during his/her shift, in accordance with guidelines and standardized recipes set by Pinehurst.
- Responsible for daily inventory and ordering all products to maintain the current menu.
- Expedite the line during peak periods coordinating cooks and servers.
- Plays an active role into food specials of the day and seasonal menu changes
- Responsible for inspection of all food to ensure its consistency.
- Responsible for the proper set-up and presentation of all food and buffets throughout shift.
- Ensure all buffet food is being monitored and changed throughout entire specified time of buffet.
- Ensure all Employee adhere to scheduled hours. Must sign off and explain any changes or additional hours necessary beyond original schedule.
- Ensure proper communication is taking place with the PCC Executive Chef so that all pertinent information necessary for business is relayed.
- Responsible for communication with the front of the house captains and/or managers.
- Responsible for the annual performance review of respective department's Employees.
- Responsible for the daily kitchen huddle and communicating the Safety and Sanitation topics, according to the department's Annual Safety Calendar/Program.
- Responsible for filling out and following through with any necessary Incident Reports during respective shift.
- Assume responsibility for appropriate kitchen business in absence of PCC Executive Chef and Chef De Cuisine.
- Be proactive in any and all situations which could arise that may have an adverse effect on the integrity of the kitchen culinary operation. Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon the principles of Pinehurst and PCC Executive Chef.
- Work with the Stewarding Supervisor and/or Executive Steward in filling out necessary equipment requisitions for culinary equipment needs.
- Plan and execute monthly departmental Inventory process, according to Resort/EATEC standards.
- Ensure the Employee meals are prepared to the highest quality standards. Handle any needs that arise and address any concerns.
- Utilize Recipe, Requisition, and other features of the EATEC system.
- In this position you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays wherever needed even if your primary outlet is closed.
- This position may involve driving a company vehicle and/or company insured vehicle. A valid driver's license is required, along with successful completion of a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and annual MVRs, according to company guidelines. Follow safe, defensive driving practices at all times, obey all traffic laws, regulations, signals and markings, use a seat belt, and follow Company policies and procedures, including the Substance Abuse Policy. Never drive while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medications that may impair your ability to operate a vehicle safely, report any accidents immediately and cooperate fully with insurance claims investigations.
- Ensure all Employee are properly trained and follow all safety and sanitation precautions for his/her specific job.
- Responsible for placement and coordination of Employees and their daily tasks.
Manages and supervises the Employees in the culinary area, including all levels of cooks and stewards. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment consists of varying environmental temperatures, including extreme cold and hot temperatures, both inside and outside.
Pinehurst, LLC reserves the right to transfer any employee from his/her current job assignment or location to another job assignment or location as needed, either on a temporary or regular basis.