Produces print-ready designs for print production by a National Printing Franchisee: by understanding customer's abstract needs, planning design concept; developing, illustrating, submitting proofs and revising design. Typical creatives include Flyers, brochures, postcards, stationery, posters and banners. Must be able to work Monday-Friday, on-site. 20-40 hours per week, as available. Specific hour start/stop times are flexible.
* Meet with external customers and internal marketing to set the scope of their project: by discussing customer's overall needs which includes number of items to design, existing branding requirements, color schemes, size, materials and budget.
* Plans design concept: by studying client's request; understanding objectives and desired function of the design; and exploring alternative concepts with the customer.
* Develops designs on your own: by using current marketing norms, self creative skills, and internet available resources.
* Obtain customer's approval; by completing design proof and any alternative designs; provide electronic and/or hardcopy proofs to customer for review; finished design by incorporating client revisions; obtain customer's final approval to print.
* Project Completion: Prepare designs for print-ready internal production or submission to a vendor if necessary; Complete all internal or vendor paperwork; file electronic designs.
* Able to complete duties independently without availability of other design personnel and with minimal supervision. Must be able to multitask for cases of time sensitive or priority interruptions.
* Ensures operation of equipment: by completing software upgrades; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining software subscriptions.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in related educational opportunities; reading professional publications; familiarity with new software programs/updates/tools.
* Accomplishes organization goals: including accepting ownership that all employees are here to achieve full customer satisfaction; exploring opportunities to accept new and different job duties as to add value to job position; promote additional product sales to customers at any opportunity.
* Demonstrated Conceptual Design Skills, Graphic Design Skills, Illustration Tools, Photographic Touchup Skills are required. Portfolio showing original customer supplied information and final design product is a plus.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MAC OS, Design and Publishing software suites including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) as our primary MAC OS design tools is required on a daily basis, along with occasional work in Pages and Canva. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Publisher is sometimes required.
* Ability to work independently and create a friendly welcoming environment with all customers as to provide a 5 Star experience is required. Examples of excellent customer feedback or inclusion of your name in reviews of a business is a plus.
Posting ID: 599087415Posted: 2021-01-22