Are you looking for a career change? Is retail, food service, or healthcare not a fit for you? We have manufacturing positions available today. Apply now for your next great opportunity with VPS!
Why work for VPS?
Valley Packaging Supply offers a work environment characterized by teamwork, ethics and advancement opportunities. Our operations run 24/5, straight 8 hour shifts with no swing or weekend work. Together we work hands on creating practical alternatives to more traditional packaging materials. We offer a clean, safe and productive work environment.
What we offer:
Teammates enjoy a number of benefits and perks through employment at VPS. Our benefits include:
- Higher than average shift premiums
- Paid Time Off available after a short introductory period
- 7 Paid Holidays
- A generous 401(k) match
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision Insurance options (HSA and FSA eligible)
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance with additional coverage options available
- Supplemental Benefits – Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Lunch Break
- Casual Dress
- Opportunities for Overtime
- Career Advancement…and MORE!
Are you the right fit?
The people are the difference makers at VPS. Our teammates are dedicated, hardworking and focused on delivering the best service and products in the industry. This might be the job for you if you:
- Are self-motivated and proactive
- Possess a can do attitude
- Have good attendance
- Want to be challenged and are willing to learn new things
- Are able to make good decisions and adapt well to changes
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Are mechanically inclined (or willing to learn)
- Can communicate effectively with teammates
- Can read and comprehend written instructions, units of measurements
- Full Time - Hourly
- 1st Shift 6am - 2pm (Monday - Friday)
- 2nd Shift 2pm - 10pm (Monday - Friday)
- 3rd Shift 10pm - 6am (Sunday - Thursday)
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd Shifts ($1.65 per hour)
Basic Job Duties:
The Packer is responsible for the packing and testing of the pouches to meet production schedules and maintain compliance to company and customer quality standards.
- Inspect finished product according to pouch quality specifications and package product as specified by customer. Packer is responsible to review P.O. cover sheet.
- Label packaged product and palletize product
- Prepare new cartons as needed for job run
- Monitor the quality of the product being converted to ensure compliance to company and customer quality specifications
- Alert Machine Operator and Quality Control of any suspected material non-conformances
- Accurately complete all required paperwork, reports and quality records associated with pouch operations
- Communicate with the next shift on special instructions
- Participate with peers and supervisors in addressing problem areas and operating procedures
- Always maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Compliance with all company Quality Systems, Operational and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including safety and housekeeping procedures
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year of working experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
Posting ID: 568862165Posted: 2020-10-20