Prepare detailed plans, construction and shop drawings and other documents for the fabrication and erection of steel buildings.
1. Prepare erection drawings, which are used to guide the steel erector in the field (show dimensional plans to locate steel members).
2. Prepare shop drawings, which are used to specify the exact detailing requirements for fabricating each individual member of a structure.
3. Calculate placement and quantities of parts.
4. Prepare shipping documents. Inventory all members required for each completed project.
5. Put together web drawings, which are 2 dimensional, for shop to help fabricate all members (welding, bolting, etc.)
6. Prepare all required documents (SPR, PHSUM, Shipping).
7. Upload final documents to ERP Systems.
8. Please note, this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree or certificate in Engineering and/or Auto-CAD with six months to one year in an engineering environment.
Must possess drafting experience with 2D CAD and knowledge of 3D CAD preferred. Have a good understanding of geometry and trigonometry. Should have an understanding of steel building fabrication with a basic knowledge of engineering principles and drawings. Should possess logic and analytical abilities with excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, MBS, Auto-CAD).
Office environment. Noise volume varies from loud to normal.
Sitting – 90%
Walking – 5%
Standing – 5%
Armstrong Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer