Job Type: Full-time: PM SOLO RUN- HOME DAILY
Salary: $850 a week Runs go to Birmingham.
Work Hours- Monday through Friday (8:30 pm to 5 am)
Short Haul Truck Driver Job Summary
Do you love driving a truck but hate extended time spent away from home? You might flourish in our open position for a local Truck Driver. We are a private, veteran-owned, fast-growing company contracted to move short-haul freight for FedEx Ground. We’re looking for a safe, courteous driver who values a predictable schedule. Our company makes safety our number one priority, which is reflected in our impeccable safety record. We maintain our entire fleet with dedicated precision, and we don’t employ owner-operators, so we retain control over our vehicles. Our employees are on salary, paid weekly, and have the opportunity to earn extra income every week.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test
- Class A driver’s license in good standing
- A doubles endorsement and current DOT physical are required.
- No serious tickets or accidents in the last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in the last 10 years
- 1+ years’ commercial tractor-trailer driving experience required in the last 3 years
- HOME DAILY
- Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Paid Weekly on Friday Direct Deposit
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance (Employer pays a portion of the total amount of the premium for selected coverages and offers a 50% match on the first 3% of employee’s contribution to the 401k.
Truck Driver responsibilities and duties
- SAFETY IS JOB 1!
- Safely and efficiently perform professional truck driver duties in support of FedEx Ground short haul freight requirements.
- All of our scheduled runs leave early evening and return early morning. A typical route is less than 250 miles each way, 500 miles per day.
- Our drivers typically work 5 days per week
- Operate an Omnitracs MCP-50 ELD
- Complete a daily truck log and mileage report
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel, to benefit the business
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
- Be comfortable in a team environment. We are a team-oriented company. We work together to help each teammate and the company exceed expectations. We are passionate about the pursuit of excellence in everything we do.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 563441351Posted: 2020-09-30