Curry Up Now started in 2009 with a single food truck roaming the streets of Burlingame, CA. With great success and an amazing team behind us, we’ve since expanded to three food trucks, a full catering operation, seven brick & mortar restaurants in the Bay Area, two craft cocktail bars and have started franchising across the United States and now locations open in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Hoboken, Irvine, Sacramento, and many more in development in nearly every major region of the country.
Even though we have great plans to continually expand in the future, we’re still a small company and will always be a small company at heart. This means our people aren’t a faceless number to us. We cherish each and every team member as they really are the only reason we keep doing what we’re doing.
When you join the team at Curry Up Now or Mortar & Pestle Craft Cocktail Bars, you join our family.
So join us. And be a part of something exciting and different.
JOB TITLE: Dishwasher
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Manager on Duty
DIRECT REPORTS: None
KEY AREAS OF PERFORMANCE
• Service Excellence in Hospitality
• Ensures proper cleaning of all restaurant dishes, cooking equipment
• Knowledge of dishwashing equipment and proper sanitation standards
• Point of Sale knowledge (clocking in and out)
• Public Relations (may be some interaction with guests)
• Kitchen/Service Support
• Special Events
• Maintenance/Cleanliness of Restaurant
• Some experience in a restaurant, hospitality setting preferred
• Knowledge of sanitation standards, food safety, cleanliness
• Knowledge of OSHA and EEOC regulations, restaurant/food safety procedures
• Point of Sale (POS) knowledge/skills preferred
• Ability to successfully perform all job duties of the dishwasher role
• Food Safety/Food Handler certification required
• Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with guests, staff, and management.
• Places a value on diversity, community, and shows respect for others
• Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations
• Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of the business
• Ability to identify and anticipate opportunities and implement corrective action steps
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
• Position will be required to participate in restaurant operations (prolonged periods of standing, walking and/or assist with food production or service) during critical operational demands.
• The environment within the restaurant may be subject to extreme heat and wet, slippery floors, particularly in the food production area. Care must be exercised to wear appropriate attire such as skid resistant shoes.
The job description below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
The company may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Company Leadership with or without notice.
Responsible for overall performance of cleaning dishes for the Restaurant. The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining excellence in hospitality. The Dishwasher will collaborate with internal and external partners (staff and guests) to ensure the complete satisfaction of guests at the restaurant through rigid adherence to cleanliness. The dishwasher contributes to the planning, organization, and training necessary to achieve restaurant objectives in guest satisfaction, dish cleanliness, managed costs, employee retention, communication and awareness, food quality, and compliance.
The Dishwasher consistently demonstrates, as well as notifies management to enforce, company policies, practices, and procedures.
Posting ID: 579142379Posted: 2020-11-03