Baywood Court is committed to seniors so they may live in health, happiness and dignity.
Independence ∙ Integrity ∙ Involvement ∙ Respect ∙ Stewardship ∙ Security
We are a very active non-profit, multi-level retirement community nestled in Castro Valley in search of motivated individuals with a willingness to learn and the desire to make a positive impact on the residents that live within our community.
Baywood Court strives to provide the highest level of hospitality to each resident and guest within our facility..
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: http://www.baywoodcourt.org/careers/
Position available for a full time Diet Aide
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
We are a 24/7 facility therefore one must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.
Ideal candidates have a strong work ethic, are hospitality minded, always put forth their best effort, excellent communication skills, follow directions and guidance from supervisory and management team, able to work well with others and adhere to safety and sanitation regulations, possess a sense of urgency, pay attention to the "little things", and are able to function in a high volume, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
All applicants are required to complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, COVID test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice. The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
The Diet Aide is responsible for preparing and serving regular and therapeutic diet trays to the Health Center and Assisted Living residents in accordance with posted regular and therapeutic diet menus. They also perform routine functions including preparation of portion control items for meals, residents, working tray assembly line, assisting in salad and cook area if needed and performing various food preparation and cleaning activities.
· Gather menus and all necessary supplies to properly set up tray line for meal service.
· Ability to read resident menus correctly without error, distribute appropriate condiments, drinks and menu selections.
· Serve hot food hot and cold food cold.
· Assemble and deliver trays in accordance with therapeutic diet guidelines to appropriate areas within the Health Center and/or Assisted Living.
· Provide table service to all residents in the Health Center and/or Assisted Living Dining Room.
· Replenish and restock all paper goods, condiments, milks, juices, dishes, linens and all other supplies as needed for meal service.
· Computer knowledge; proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Work and Excel).
· Ability to read, speak and write the English language; must be able to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions.
· Must possess basic mathematical skills; ability to understand measurements and conversions.
· Must be able to stand and walk up to 100% of the day.
· CPR certified or obtain CPR certification within 90 days of hire date. Baywood Court will pay the expense for the CPR class.
What Can Baywood Court Offer You?
• Generous PTO package (accrue up to 20 days within first year) for FT employees
• Eligible to enroll in the medical (Kaiser or Sutter options), dental, vision, life insurance plans the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment (FT employees)
• Retirement Savings Plan with employer match – up to 4%!
• Scholarships available for students currently in college or a certified trade school
• Work/life balance
• Company functions -- Summer Outings, BBQs, Holiday Party, Monthly All Staff Meetings, Halloween Costume Contest, etc.
• Use of health and wellness services - swimming pool and gym
• Sense of fulfillment and opportunity to form meaningful relationships with the elderly
Please visit our career page:
Baywood Court is an equal opportunity employer.