This position is one of the most important functions in the facility and usually the first point of contact with the patient either personally or by telephone. The position acts as the patient greeter, provides information to the patient and begins the registration process.Essential Functions:
- Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Distributes and explains forms, documents, and educational handouts to patients or family members.
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains precertification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
- Schedule appointments per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them appropriately.
- Work closely with nurses and providers to assure smooth patient flow.
- Follow up on "no show" patients on daily basis.
- Expected to attend monthly staff meetings and required to complete any assigned courses related to position.
High school diploma required.Required Skills:
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience:
Prefer at least two (2) years' experience in a medical office setting.
Posting ID: 608556939Posted: 2021-02-24