REM Iowa, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges.
Caregiver, Direct Support Professional - Opportunities available at REM Iowa in Cedar Rapids!
You can make a difference by providing care to adult individuals with various needs and disabilities such as behavioral, developmental, physical, autism, and mental health. Through this rewarding work you'll develop strong bonds with individuals you serve and your coworkers making work feel like spending time with family. Schedule options depend on program however we can typically work with your availability and offer options such as:
- Full-time, part-time
- Early mornings, evenings, overnights, and weekends
Starting Wage: $14.50/hour
As a Caregiver you will support people with activities of daily living such as:
- Transporting to medical appointments, errands, shopping or activities in your community
- Providing guidance with social skills, advocacy, self esteem
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, grooming, preparing meals, and assisting with medication administration
- Assisting individuals to redirect challenging behaviors
- Provide direct care support, behavior management, crisis intervention and/or other service support in a structured individual and group setting
- Support individual in following expected routines
- Participate in daily/weekly program meetings
- Participate in Annual POC and/or other individual meetings
- Participates in staff development and professional growth activities
- Maintains proper training to meet requirements of the program
What we offer you:
- A collaborative work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching (after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
- Referral bonus when you refer someone who is hired and employed at least 120 days
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing required
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
As a successful Caregiver you will:
- Celebrate and encourage growth and independence in the life of every individual you serve.
- Lead by example to encourage and support your co-workers and the individuals you serve.
- Approach concerns with an open mind and assume positive intent.
- Take initiative to identify problems before they become crises.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values-Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth-and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
EqualOpportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Posting ID: 593237281Posted: 2021-01-20