Inpatient Psychiatry - Physician - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Requisition ID 2020-76556
Category Hidden (27553)
Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Address 2375 Edgewood Rd SW
Affiliate 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
City Cedar Rapids
Department Behavioral Health Phys Svcs- C
Scheduled Hours/Shift M-F with shared night/weekend call coverage
Work Type (Portal Searching) Full Time Benefits
UnityPoint Clinic is searching for a full-time Inpatient Psychiatrist to join the Behavioral Health Hospitalist team at St. Luke's in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The St. Luke's Behavioral Hospitalist team consists of a team of Physicians and ARNPs, that are providing full inpatient care to the Adult Geriatric, Adult and Child adolescent units.
This position offers:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Work Life balance with shared call coverage; including nights and weekends
- EPIC electronic medical record; Utilized in both our clinics and our hospital
- Medical Services
- Medical Services can include, but are not limited to admissions, discharges, daily hospital care of patients, emergency room visits and consultations as requested.
- While on-call, Physician shall be available to provide medical services upon referral from other physicians or through assignment of patients presenting in the Emergency Department who have no physician.
- Physician shall be expected to provide daily hospital care for an assigned census of patients during the regular work week.
- While on-call and outside the regular work week, Physician shall be responsible for medical services for all patients in the Behavioral Health Hospitalist Program in a manner agreed upon by the on-call physicians and those participating in the Hospitalist Program.
- Physician shall participate in daily staffing as determined by the Behavioral Health Hospitalist Program Medical Director.
- Physician shall adhere to clinical standards as determined by the Behavioral Health Hospitalist Program Medical Director, the psychiatry section, and other appropriate bodies.
- Call Coverage; Provide on-call psychiatrist/hospitalist coverage in conjunction with other on-call physicians and physicians participating in the Behavioral Health Hospitalist Program. While on-call, promptly return all calls and pages and be readily available to report to Hospital to provide evaluation and other medical services required by the patient.
- Outpatient Services; Physician may provide certain outpatient services as Hospital needs require. Such services can include, but are not limited to hospital-based outpatient practice, outpatient practice in support of other community agencies/organizations, and telemedicine services.
- Other Services/Duties. Other services/duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively and providing supervision for advanced registered nurse practitioners employed by the Hospital for both inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services.
- Fulfilling administrative duties of the Behavioral Health Hospitalist Program/behavioral health service line as requested.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry; Board exam must be completed within one year of hire date
- Hold a current and unrestricted medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Hold current and unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer medications as necessary or appropriate to the field of practice
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Please contact Andrea Sims, Physician and Provider Recruiter, at 319-730-9513 or Andrea.Sims@unitypoint.org
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Posting ID: 566870189Posted: 2020-08-09