The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for the development, Implementation and Supervision of year round strength and conditioning training programs, nutrition programs and injury prevention programs for men and women student-athletes participating in Mullen High School's athletics program under the supervision of the Director of Sports Medicine. The Program must be up to date with best practices to help build the best possible well rounded athlete.
Build into teaching wellness classes during the school day
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and supervise a year round weight training and conditioning programs for all men's and women's sports at Mullen High School
- Meet with Sports Coaches at the start of each year to hear their desired outcomes for their teams and use that to help develop your program
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all sport coaches
- Operate and maintain the weight room at Mullen High School while overseeing the safety condition of the weight room and training facilities.
- Assist coaches in developing pre-game and pre-practice warm up for each sports team
- Instruct coaches on how to implement pre-practice and pre-game warm up routines
- Teach Physical Education classes
- Responsible for a positive working relationship with all coaching staffs
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine and Athletic director in development of Strength and conditioning policies and procedures.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies as is appropriate.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, work out schedules, and progress charts for each athlete.
- Develop nutrition plans for teams and individuals
- Give talks to all sports teams about sport nutrition each season
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior at all times. Ensure that all of Mullen High Schools rules are followed and enforced to students under your care.
- Prepare and submit to the athletic office a complete inventory of strength and conditioning equipment at the end of the season.
- Oversee assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Work in cooperation with the athletic trainers in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured student athletes
- Assist Director of Sports Medicine and Athletic trainer with implementation of a safe and secure setting for all student athletes.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Perform any extra duties or responsibilities give by Director of Sports Medicine
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum)
- Secondary Physical Education teaching license (current or will be obtained within two years of employment)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification
- Two years of experience at the High School and Collegiate level preferred
- Job ID: 54329851
Denver, Colorado, United States
- Position Title: Director of Strength and Conditioning
- Company Name: Mullen High School
- Job Function: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn more about them.
Litigation Attorney (Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas &...
1025 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 1000 Washington, Dist. Columbia 20036 (866) 313-6311
Posting ID: 567176924Posted: 2020-08-09