Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Responsible for assisting with the execution of best practices, goals and Front-end standards established for the department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Counts and sorts contents of till bags, including currency, coin, checks, coupons and other notes of value.
- Track and log all sales, record all check totals, and record all cash and non-cash shortages daily.
- Verify all daily financial figures.
- Keep an accurate and organized set of books.
- Reconcile all cash and non-cash shortages daily.
- Immediately notify Store Manager of any problems with tills or safe counts.
- Assist with monitoring and control supply expenses for the store.
- Assist with managing cash control, sales and cash items and records for the store.
- Would job share with Front End as needed.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, with the ability to learn new computer skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction), accounting and clerical skills
- Retail or Customer Service experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
- Previous experience as a cashier preferred
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at QFC: QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Seattle || 1531 NE 145th St. || 98155 || Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 586168764Posted: 2020-12-02