CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. LOCATION:
Here at the Olympia Plant, we currently manufacture 12 oz. beverage cans. We are expanding to manufacture other size cans for some of the top consumer product companies. We are adding to our world class team to operate this facility and looking for a Facility Tender. It is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will:
- Manage and oversee the control environments for the washers and can washing equipment, coolant filtration systems and waste water treatment systems for this facility.
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret trends from washer checks and samples to keep washer parameters within recommended specifications.
- Perform basic laboratory testing such as titrations, pH and conductivity measurements, as well as working with various types of pumps, mixers, chemical feeds, pH controllers and tank level reading equipment.
- Repair and replacement duties associated with the waste water equipment and systems. Documentation of problems and maintenance of equipment and facility systems are also required.
- Provide training for equipment operation and related safety precautions.
Job Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency
• 5+ years working experience in either a manufacturing setting (high speed operation preferred) or a community waste water/sewage treatment facility is a plus.
• Working hands-on knowledge for conducting basics laboratory testing such as titrations, pH testing and conductivity measurements.
• Proven mechanical skills and the ability to perform maintenance and repairs on pumps and related equipment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must possess basic math skills.Physical Requirements:
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to stand for long periods as well as work on elevated stationary platforms and withstand extreme climate changes especially during summer and winter months.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail, good record keeping and precision abilities is highly desirable.
• Ability to work under time pressures and flexibility to adjust to sudden work patterns or schedules.
• Ability to work independently and with teams and must have good interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, evenings (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.), weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
• Fully comply with all OSHA and WISHA safety rules and regulations.
• This position requires union membership after 30 days of hirePREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
• An Associates/technical degree is preferred or a related vocational/technical certification (waste water operator's license, etc.).
• Generally works in a plant environment but will be required to perform some job duties inside the facility lab.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
• The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
• The noise level is frequently loudBENEFITS:
Crown offers eleven paid holidays in a year, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance, pension plan and stock purchase.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.