Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Service Corporation International/Dignity Memorial is the largest American provider of funeral, cemetery, & cremation services. We don't sell funerals and cemetery plots. We DESIGN CELEBRATIONS and MEMORABLE TRIBUTES!
We are a Certified Great Place to Work! 90% of the employees surveyed said "My work has special meaning: This is not just a job." This is not just a job. It is a meaningful career in sales that make a difference in the lives of people we serve while providing you an opportunity you will love.
Open doors you never realized existed. We'll change everything you ever might have thought about working in the funeral services industry. This isn't your typical job. But we're not your typical company, either.
This opportunity represents unlimited potential for income, leads, and career advancement!
We are looking for an Inside Sales Professionals to join our team at St. Bernard Memorial Funeral Home & Gardens in Chalmette, LA!
Accountable for serving client families by making at need cemetery arrangements, and selling pre-need arrangements. Our Family Service Counselors serve families by providing exemplary personalized service and plays an essential role in generating revenue for the cemetery as well as acting as the primary contact for families.JOB RESPONSIBILITIESLead Generation
Build Relationships with Families
- Holds self-accountable for prospecting a minimum of 1-2 hours each day
- Obtains referrals from families served by the location
- Networks and builds community and civic relationships
- Explains and presents presentations to families served and referred families
- Maintains and tracks activity levels to ensure productivity
- Responds to client inquiries in a timely, respectful, sensitive and professional manner
- Connects with families through listening, honest communication and genuine concern
- Develops an understanding of each family's unique needs and offers solutions that provide value to them
- Stays in touch with families to ensure satisfaction
- Prepares for all appointments and performs all procedures with professionalism and attention to detail
- Follows through on all customer problems and requests
- Builds trust-based relationships to earn the right to ask for referrals
- Earns the right to gain referrals to offer protection to protect family members, and the family's relatives and friends, by educating them on the benefits of pre-planning
- Represents a continuous link from services provided at need, through aftercare, to providing services to protect families in the future
- Collaborates and teams with funeral directors, location managers, and other members of funeral home and or cemetery staff, to provide seamless, high quality service
- Thoroughly and completely reviews previous services and contacts with families to prepare to support current needs and or sales
- Shares family concerns with rest of the SCI team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of college or an equivalent of education and experience
- High school equivalency and 1-2 years of college or an equivalent of education and experience
- 1-2 years of customer service or sales industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current state/province issued driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Insurance license if required by state/province law and as prescribed by each state board
- Must be able to pass the Company's internal presentation certification within thirty days of hire
- Ability to work a number of evenings and or weekends every month
- Ability to drive frequently
- Ability to obtain and maintain an insurance license if required by state/province
- Flexible hours but, at times must have the ability to work up to 12 hours in a day
- Ability to treat others with empathy and respect
- Knowledge of computers and some software
- Customer service skills
Postal Code: 70043
Category (Portal Searching): Sales
Job Location: US-LA - ChalmetteReq ID:
Full timeWho we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V