Now Hiring Shipping & Receiving Clerks in Champaign, IL
Pay: $15 - $17/hr
Shift: 6am - 4:30pm
- Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations.
- Prepares items for shipping, ensuring cost effective courier services are used. Candidates will also be responsible for operating Forklifts, Pallet Jacks to transport materials. They will also be using hand and power tools to assemble wooden or cardboard crates for materials.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posting ID: 586975747Posted: 2020-11-14