AFCO Performance Group is currently seeking a personable, energetic, responsive, and well organized Quality Manager who will be responsible for establishing the vision, roadmap, and culture required to achieve “zero quality defects” and eliminate forms of waste through Lean principles and a strong continuous improvement culture. This includes an “end-to-end” focus on continuous improvement & quality from suppliers, through manufacturing processes, and ultimately to customers.
Note: We know many future team members have some concerns relative to COVID-19. Your safety is important to us! We have extensive safety protocols in place, including company provided PPE, to keep you safe! We have a good track record of following extensive safety protocols over the last seven months and our mission is to keep you safe!
The Quality Manager will manage all aspects and resources of the Quality Department and Quality System. The position requires significant daily focus on proposing, justifying, and leading projects that drive improvements in efficiency, overall quality, and/or customer satisfaction. This may include justifying new resources and/or equipment that contribute to corporate objectives. The candidate will need to lead teams using a goal-oriented platform that supports the overall focus of the Quality Department.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Department Leadership
- Maintain overall accountability for the daily activities of the Quality Department consisting of Inspection Technicians and Quality Team Leads in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Coach, mentor, and lead talent development within the Quality department to create ownership, sustainability, and continuous improvement
- Hold employees accountable for upholding processes and procedures and resolving problems as needed
- Promote positive change, standardization, and implement best practices that encourage employee buy-in and process development
Quality System Management
- Lead the development and implementation of quality control procedures, policies, and documents to improve the current quality processes throughout the entire company
- Assist in setting policies, quality goals, and milestones directly related to improving product quality
- Work with suppliers to validate incoming product quality through use of both internal and external quality inspections
- Ensure that processes are followed, and good documentation exists for deviations, CAPA reporting, and NCR's
- Identify quality related training needs and deliver training throughout the company
- Work with other departments to coordinate investigations, including the development and implementation of resolution plans
- Implement and maintain an appropriate supplier deviation system and ensure that deviations are documented, tracked, and resolved properly
- Develop and enforce an internal quality reporting system. Ensure procedures are maintained, training is provided for auditors & responsibilities assigned to audit team members. Generate corrective actions for non-conformance findings and request follow up from responsible parties.
- Conduct external supplier audits to validate incoming product quality
- Prepare reports for management review and continuous improvement activities
- Develop the customer complaint system and internal Customer Service Representative responsible for logging, tracking, investigating, and responding back to the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, motivational, leadership, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or quality related field; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with compliance to quality standards in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 and/or AQL requirements
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, as well as any other applicable software required for measure
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet established timelines
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- ASQ certification preferred but not required
AFCO Performance Group engineers and manufactures premium shocks, springs, brakes, and cooling products through the AFCO brand, premium shocks through the Pro Shocks brand, premium exhaust systems through the Dynatech brand, premium measurement products through the Longacre brand, and premium Quarter Midgets through our UltimateQM brand. We continue to build on over 35 years of manufacturing experience with quality products, engineering innovation, and superior service & support. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, health, dental and vision insurance, long term disability, 401(k)/matching, and paid vacation. Visit us online at http://www.afcoperformancegroup.com/.