Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a highly skilled Facilities Critical Infrastructure and Technology Manager who can bring facility engineer disciplines together with advanced technologies to lead a team focused on critical facility infrastructure, engineering, and networked control systems to support our business in Springfield, VA. This organization supports mission critical programs and is responsible for the critical infrastructure engineering and technology solutions to a United States government customer. This position is located at a customer site and requires extensive customer interaction in a service-oriented environment. The selected candidate will manage a team of employees and suppliers responsible for leading facility modernization efforts. This leader will blend traditional facility engineering considerations around mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines with growing information technology capabilities related to industrial controls (ICS), supervisors control and data acquisition (SCADA), advanced metering, analytics and building operations, automation and maintenance systems for a mission critical government facility. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: - Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities related to infrastructure planning, design, analysis, improvement of infrastructure projects and maintenance operations.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Participates in equipment make/buy decisions.
- Participates in source selection; provides technical oversight and integrates supplier activities.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
- Able to collaborate with senior USG officials across a wide variety of divisions to support operations and develop creative solutions to complex facility infrastructure needs. This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE): - Customer Service experience
- Experience as a Team Lead or Manager
- Experience partnering with Suppliers PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE): - Experience with U.S. Government Customer Service
- Experience leading innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience developing/implementing SCADA or ICS systems
- Degree in Computer Science or facility engineering discipline
- Professional Engineering license in the state of Virginia
- Certification from the Uptime Institute as an Accredited Tier Designer, Tier Specialist, or Operations Specialist
- Current certification or the ability to obtain a recognized IT Information Assurance (DOD 8570.1) certification within 6 months after hire RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. SHIFT: This is a 1st shift position
Posting ID: 602972445Posted: 2021-03-01