Aerotek's client is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join their team in Chantilly, VA. Candidates will need to troubleshoot, maintain, improve and repair all production machines and existing plant equipment. Additional job responsibilities include:
• Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all production equipment to include, but not limited to the Eagle, Phaser, Mogul, Engrossing and Polishing rooms, and cook deck area;
• Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all plant equipment, including the boiler and air compressor;
• Keeps plant equipment running and in good repair;
• Determines and prioritizes all necessary repairs, both electrical and mechanical, to ensure all machines are ready for the next day's run;
• Makes and delegates repairs in a timely manner;
• Makes improvements to plant systems and facilities;
• Replenishes spare parts and orders materials for projects, upgrades and overhauls;
• Prepares maintenance plans in accordance with production schedule to ensure minimal impact of necessary repairs;
• Assists Plant staff with adjustments, changeovers & programming of Plant machinery (Eagle, Phaser, Mogul) when circumstances are unusual, or as needed;
• Promptly reports to Plant Manager all serious equipment malfunctions, and suggested course of action;
• Determines what project work is needed and completes the project work in a timely manner;
• Provides, and maintains in good working condition, your own complete set of essential hand tools necessary to accomplish general, day-to-day maintenance responsibilities (shop tools & specialized equipment will be supplied by the company as required);
• Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of repair shop, maintenance office, and storage areas including all equipment, tools, supplies and materials found therein; and
• Observe and follow safety procedures;
• Observe and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Food Safety Plan (HACCP) and Food Quality Plan (FQP);
• Take responsibility for producing high quality product in each step of production;
• Maintain clean work area.
• Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.