Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
- Clean resort facilities according to applicable guidance and standards, working with a team or independently.
- Move around on-mountain lodge locations via skis, snowboard or chairlift as ability and conditions allow.
- Work with site staff to ensure that cleaning tools and supplies are adequately stocked.
- Proactively communicate maintenance needs to ensure timely service.
- Engage with guests and staff while exhibiting Vail Resorts Core Values.
- Assist with operation of activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate ski or snowboard ability preferred but not required.
- Ability and willingness to ride chairlifts.
- Must have a Valid Driver's License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy).
- Must be able and willing to work 1st & 2nd shifts.
- Must be able and willing to work weekends & holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to perform medium work (defined as exerting up to 50lbs of force occasionally).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Strong communication skills: communicates in a positive, solution oriented way to proactively address maintenance and operational needs.
- Teamwork: able to work effectively with activities leadership and other department staff to plan, schedule, and complete maintenance tasks on time.
- Organizational skills: able to organize and accomplish a wide variety of tasks and prioritize daily work to maximize productivity and efficient maintenance of all activities.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn to use chemicals as directed.
- Must possess visual acuity necessary for visual inspection involving work at a distance at or within arm's reach and sanitation.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
At Okemo, we've got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience!www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 276267
Posting ID: 595825282Posted: 2021-01-22