Copyright 2020 General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Director, Strategy and BD for the RF&BB Business Segment
Posted Date 4 months ago (3/26/2020 8:11 PM)
Job Location USA-NJ-Florham Park
Required Clearance Secret
Category Program/Project Management
Employment Type Full Time
Hiring Company General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 13 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Director, Strategy and BD for the RF & BB Business Segment. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Directs the RF & BB Strategy and BD day-to-day operational activities and staff to support business area segment goals and objectives. Responsible for business development, strategic planning, and R&D activities to ensure business area segment growth and improved profitability. Direct all business area segment programs from bid and proposal through program start-up, execution, and closedown to ensure the attainment of cost, quality and schedule performance objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs strategic planning for assigned business area segment to ensure the preparation of timely and valid strategy centered plans and the periodic review of progress towards strategic objectives
- Directs assigned business area segment programs to ensure compliance with financial, quality, schedule, and product performance contract requirements as well as GDMS policies and procedures.
- Directs the achievement of cost, quality, schedule, and profitability objectives for assigned business area segment programs.
- Directs the safe and profitable operation of assigned business area segment operations, consistent with customer and Government requirements.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of continuous improvement within assigned business area segment and supports implementation throughout GDMS.
- Establishes program priorities and provides policy guidelines to ensure program managers work effectively toward business area and company objectives.
- Ensures that program managers are properly supported by other GDMS functions including Procurement, Legal, Contracts, and Finance.
- Directs business area segment business development activities required to meet the demands of a changing business climate and to meet the division's short and long term profitability goals.
- Directs the formulation of the assigned business area segment IR&D/B&P plan and monitors and controls for IR&D/B&P.
- Directs the planning, preparation, and submittal of major bid proposals ensuring that proposal teams are properly supported by other functions.
- Directs the planning, analysis, and preparation of program-related capital appropriation requests in support of achieving program objectives.
- Provides early problem recognition, analysis and resolution to ensure the program managers have the means to recover quickly from plan or specification deviations.
- Maintains contact with senior government, customer and subcontractor personnel to ensure success of programs.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs work flows and procedures
- Develops workable implementation plans
- Communicates changes effectively
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Prepares and supports those affected by change
- Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Inspires respect and trust
- Accepts feedback from others
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Gives appropriate recognition to others
- Displays passion and optimism
- Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Aligns work with strategic goals
- Works within approved budget
- Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Contributes to profits and revenue
- Conserves organizational resources
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Generates suggestions for improving work
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Measures self against standard of excellence
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Advanced degree in Management preferable with strong technical aptitude;
- 13-15 or more years of managerial experience; preferred work experience in program management, marketing, and business knowledge and interface skills, skills in financial analysis and business development;
- skills in employee development including coaching, mentoring, and empowerment are essential;
- must have demonstrated effective team leadership skills.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.