SUPERVISION OPPORTUNITY - Flexible hours! Take the next step in your career with Elderwood - We are people, caring for people.
Weekly pay schedule. Robust Tuition Assistance Program. Employee Referral Bonus.
Step into a leadership role with a new opportunity in supervision at Elderwood at Cheektowaga. This Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor role comes with flexibility. While it is listed as an evening shift position, there is an opportunity for mid-shift: 11a-7p. Evening shift hours for this role are negotiable.
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Position Overview
- The Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the conduct of nursing educational programs monitors the nursing staffing schedule for the facility; serving as Infection Control Nurse and performing the (RN) Nursing Supervisor functions.
Essential Job Functions of Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON):
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Supervise nursing care services and staff on all units while on duty.
- Actively promotes facility safety programs.
- May assume responsibility as the Infection Preventionist Nurse.
- Assume responsibility for nursing services in the absence of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services and/or Director of Nursing Services
- Arrives to work on time, regularly and work as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
Qualifications for Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON):
Possession of a RN State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
Minimum of two year's (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an RN leadership role; experience in geriatric nursing required.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
Ability to utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
Ability required to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
Previous experience in nursing education and/or in-service training preferred.
Ability to relate well to geriatric residents; respectful and caring attitude towards residents required.
Company Details: Elderwood at Cheektowaga is a 172 bed skill nursing facility (SNF) offering a unique campus setting. This campus also includes an assisted living facility and an independent living community. We offer comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac, and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Specialty Programs include Oncology, SMARTS Express Care, Wound Care, Palliative and Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Posting ID: 592462995Posted: 2020-12-12