JOB TITLE: Night Auditor, Guest Service Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Rooms
Classification: Variable hours part-time-health benefits after 1 year and 1456 hours worked.
Pay Range: DOE
Summary: The Front office is the communication hub of the resort; Guest Service Associates assume the duties of the front desk, reservations, and concierge and an ambassador and representative of Campbell's Resort as the first and last impression on the guest.
Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by telephone, mail, email, or fax. Creates and maintains reservation records and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location, layout, and types of available rooms, as well as the activities and amenities of the property. Acts as Concierge, being knowledgeable about Chelan. Performs cashiering tasks.
Determinates a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and assigns room, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Files guest and room information in the designated places.
Answers incoming calls and directs them to guest rooms through the telephone console or to hotel personnel or departments. Takes and distributes messages for guests, provides information on guest services, and answers inquiries about public or hotel events. Processes guest wake-up calls.
Audit, balance and consolidate departmental ledger accounts, prepare various hotel operating reports, and take over duties of Guest Service Supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess and be able to maintain for the entire shift a positive, upbeat personality with a passion for outstanding customer service.
• Must possess basic computer skills, i.e. Word & Excel. Willingness to learn to use computer systems is required.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced position with constant guest & staff interaction.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem-solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
• Ability to maintain composure under stress.
• Ability to take direction and contribute to a team atmosphere.
• Must be self-motivated and take initiative to keep busy.
• Ability to create and build rapport with internal and external customers.
• Excellent grooming and personal hygiene.
• Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
• Continual bending
• Occasional reaching and stooping
• Occasional lifting, pushing and pulling up to 40 pounds, and carrying loads upstairs.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
• Abides Campbell's Handbook and Front Office Standards.
• Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing over-the-top hospitality.
• Covers the Front Desk or phones for co-workers to cover breaks.
• Maintains a positive attitude toward guests and co-workers.
• Be a team player, showing enthusiasm while assisting others.
• Be aware of all front office procedures and assist with duties when necessary.
• Assists with team training as needed.
• Participate in department meetings when applicable.
• Participates in department policies and procedure sign-offs.
• Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the Director, Assistant Manager, or Supervisor right away.
• Clocks in at the beginning of shift on time and ready to go.
• Clocks out at the end of shift.
• Makes coffee for the lobby when applicable and keeps the water container full.
• Answers all incoming calls in a timely manner with a smile, both eager and willing to assist.
• Directs calls to guest rooms, staff, or departments through the phone system.
• Receives guest messages and then delivers the message(s) to the guest.
• Sets wake-up call.
• Prepares and/or coordinates daily deliveries.
• Utilizes radio communication with housekeeping and maintenance when necessary and logs every call.
• Sell the value of all property outlets to inquiries (via telephone or in-person) striving to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms.
• Process reservations by telephone, mail, email, or fax efficiently and accurately to ensure the highest guest satisfaction.
• Process Booking.com and Expedia reservations efficiently and accurately to ensure the highest guest satisfaction.
• Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages.
• Knows the cancellation and advance deposit policies of the hotel and how to guarantee each reservation.
• Creates and maintains accurate reservations in Maestro - new reservations, changes, and inquiries.
• Communicates same-day reservation information, cancellations, and modifications and promptly relays information to the Housekeeping Team.
• Organizes group arrivals requiring pre-made key packets.
• Assist guests with check-in processes.
• Assist guests with check-out processes.
• Handles daily email correspondence. Responds to inquires and makes reservations as needed.
• Makes arrangements for guests when requested.
• Sets and checks trace messages to follow up on guest reservations and requests.
• Coordinates guest requests, informing guests of hotel services, features, and room amenities.
• Completes all routine daily checklist duties including, but is not limited to, cash balancing, filing, generating computer reports, and light housekeeping duties.
• Alerts appropriate departments concerning guest issues and needs.
• Be knowledgeable about the properties, services and history, and the Lake Chelan area.
• Keeps an accurate record of payment transactions-balancing cash, check credit card and other payment types at the end of every shift, and performs a personal end-of-shift audit.
• Responsible for a thorough understanding and effective performance of Maestro (PMS).
• Be involved in cross-training with other departments so that assistance can be given as needed.
• Maintains a clean and organized work station to present a professional appearance.
• Assumes security duties as needed to ensure guest and employee safety.
• Suggests improvements to management to improve the quality of guest service.
• Work closely with the housekeeping department on checkouts, moves, "here and waiting's", etc.
• Keep lobby tidy and stocked.
• Greet guests in a timely manner with a smile, both eager and willing to assist.
• Informs guests of upcoming specials.
• Have the ability to take over the Guest Service Supervisor position when not on duty.
• Empowered to take care of guests' needs during any situation.
• Develop relationships with clients, return guests, and group contacts to provide maximum personalized guest service.
• Works both locations; Campbell's Resort and Midtowner Motel.
• Responsible for selling and accepting Campbell's Gift Cards.
• Responsible for guest and employee security.
• Follows the Signature Training guidelines during guest interactions on the phone and in person.
• Attends Signature Training classes.
• Continually training in Maestro, on property policies, etc.
• Knows safety and emergency procedures and takes charge in emergency situations.
• Monitors fire alarm system in Front Office.
• Be aware of your surroundings; acknowledge and address safety concerns immediately as a safety ambassador for the Company.
• Assists guests and or employees with injury/accident procedures while following guest and employee confidentiality procedures and by following all Washington state privacy laws including HIPAA.
• Keeps Red-book Communication up to date.
• Reads and responds to individual work emails.
• Helps translate when applicable.
• In the course of your employment, you may be exposed to confidential information relating to guests, employees, pay, disciplinary actions, records, corporate strategic planning, and financial information. Such information should not be disclosed or discussed with anyone besides your director or HR.
• Helps translate when applicable.
• Audit daily work for all outlets and post correct daily totals. Balance Maestro outlets and Squirrel.
• Perform a daily backup on Maestro, Shift4, and Squirrel.
• Balance daily credit card postings and transmit through the Shift4 system for settlement.
• Ensure proper distribution of daily reports in a timely manner and file all accounting reports properly.
• Notify proper outlets when discrepancies arise. Follow up with the front office and accounting teams.
• Perform all activities in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
• Perform security checks on the property throughout the night ensuring the safety and security of our guests.
• Perform any necessary housekeeping or maintenance issues when situations arise.
• Order daily newspapers for guests and other departments.
• Set up continental breakfast during holidays and restaurant closures.
• Maintain communication by email, the Red-book, and Security logs.
• Follow Lock up and Unlock procedure including, but not limited to, Lodge 1 doors and Lodge 3 gate.
• During slow times, keep busy working off the "slow time" checklist.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a variable-hour position, expected work hours are based on seasonal volume, business demand, and hours of operation. Weekends, nights, and holidays are also necessary. Must be flexible and willing to adapt the schedule to meet business demands.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Guest Service Mission:
Provide genuine hospitality to ensure every guest feels like part of the Campbell's Family.
Guest Service Vision:
To be empowered to own every guest experience, working at a Mastery level, and inspiring connections in each interaction.
Guest Service Core Values:
Empowerment: Owning every guest interaction with passion and pride.
Communication: Build open, honest relationships through daily meetings, consistent feedback, and common goals.
Mastery: A challenging and rewarding environment that fosters learning and develops confidence.
Genuine Service: Putting our guests' needs first, highest standards of excellence, leading by example with a positive attitude.
Connection: Getting to know our guests, developing relationships internally and externally.
Team Work: Leveraging individual strengths and overcoming differences, cultivating trust and respect, relying on each other for our mutual success.