United States of America - Massachusetts, ChelmsfordJob Summary
AECOM's A/E Design Center located in Chelmsford, MA is nationally recognized as center of excellence that focuses on the design of large, complex, multi-discipline, high-profile water and wastewater treatment and pumping facilities for both traditional and design-build projects. The Design Center is comprised of approximately 75 staff and includes a full complement of disciplines.
- Support the Chelmsford Design Center - I&C Dept. with the layout and design of water and wastewater treatment facilities and pumping systems.
- This position will involve a variety of new and renovations to existing governmental, commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Work under the supervision of a senior-level team member from the Chelmsford Design Center
- Develop piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) in coordination with water/wastewater process engineers.
- Design control system architecture using a variety of technologies including Ethernet, fiber optic networks, radio, and VPN. Develop drawings to convey the design.
- Generate contract specifications including data sheets for process instrumentation and control systems hardware.
- Write detailed control narrative for full plant operation.
- Develop technical specifications, plans, elevations, section and details.
- Verify compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices.
- Coordinate with other in-house engineering disciplines as needed.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- 2+ years of experience as an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Smart P&ID.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
What We Offer
- 4+ years of experience as an I&C Engineer.
- Licensed Professional
- Work experience with PLCs, communication networks and instruments.
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Experienced, self-directed professional
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to meet quality, schedule and budget expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team-oriented work environment.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 554418023Posted: 2020-07-14