Allied Universal is looking to hire a Service Technician. The Service Technician will be responsible for service, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting/diagnostics on access control equipment and IP based video systems including but not limited to: electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems. As a Service Technician, this person is expected to be a highly proactive and skilled individual, and at all times maintain performance consistent with Allied Universal Technology Services (AUTS) core values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot system installations in a such a manner as to identify issues and to apply the most effective and efficient resolution consistent with company installation standards; identify and repair physical security systems as required to ensure operability and compliance with any applicable building code
- Apply all necessary documentation for tracking of service related issues
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment and CCTV testing devices
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low voltage applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Provide phone and on-line remote diagnostic support
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Management
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent required
- 3 to 5 years of Industry Knowledge
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq and ONSSI
- Possession of state specific licensing (i.e. Class D or Alarm Installer etc.) or ability to hold license once hired
- Understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Available for scheduled "on-call" duties to respond to emergency service calls
- Strong troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electronics aptitude
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs and work on ladder heights of up to 16'
- Be able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 564911432Posted: 2020-07-31