Cherokee Distribution CenterCherokee, IowaJob Title:
Warehouse Generalist 2Department:
Prepares store orders including selecting ordered items and packages them for shipment. Receives and replenishes stock. Operates pallet jack, walkie lift, cigarette stamping machine, and tugger as needed.Reporting Relations Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
AVP Distribution/Cherokee Division
AVP Transportation/Human Resources/Cherokee Division
Director of Warehousing/Cherokee Division
Assistant Department ManagerPositions that Report to you (Job Title):
NonePrimary Responsibilities and Frequency
- Provides customer service by accurately and timely selects orders and safely packages them for shipment to assigned stores and accurately scans EXE System.
- Accurately receives freight and checks it in by matching the manifest to the product, inspecting for damages and correct height, and checking the tag for slotting. Reports damage or problems to Department Manager as needed.
- Accurately loads merchandise on assigned trailer for delivery and records selectors EXE number.
- Accurately replenishes select slots.
- Safely operates pallet jack, walkie lift, cigarette stamping machine, and tugger as needed.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
(These are considered occasional in nature)
- Keep aisles clean and neat by picking up cardboard, plastic, and sweeping. Wraps, removes and properly disposes of damaged product to the designated area.
- Accurately performs counts as requested by department managers.
- Keeps equipment in good working order by reporting problems and operating safely.
- Replaces equipment batteries as needed.
- Properly trains on all equipment before operating and updates on procedures as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Represents the company in a positive manner.
- Adheres to company policies.
NoneSkills and Abilities Required to Perform Job
- Must have the ability to follow one or two step instructions; routine, repetitive task.
- Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, 10 pounds of force constantly, and 10 pounds of force continually to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of less than 20 inches and up to 20 feet with or without correction, color vision, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, crawling, feeling, bending, and repetitive motions.Working Conditions
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a warehouse environment. There is exposure to dirt, noise, vibrations, temperature extremes, dangerous chemicals/solvents, and equipment movement hazards. There is significant pressure to meet set standards for order selectors and equipment operators.Equipment Used to Perform Job
Tuggers, pallet jacks, EXE equipment, cigarette stamping machine, and computer programs as needed.Contacts
Has daily contact with outside carriers, and warehouse/office personnel.Minimum Education and Experience required to perform job
High School or equivalent; Six months or less of similar work experience