Greenleaf Corporation headquartered in Saegertown, PA is a worldwide leader in manufacturing industrial cutting tools and advanced ceramic materials.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to report directly to the General Counsel and to perform a wide array of legal and administrative support duties as required by the daily operations of a small legal team in a manufacturing setting. Our team negotiates, drafts and reviews a large variety of agreements. We regularly collaborate with cross-divisional, domestic and international colleagues and executive leadership on strategic business initiatives and internal operations, while providing ongoing business and legal guidance to mitigate risk. Communication with domestic and international distributors, customers, vendors and governmental entities as required associated with these tasks. This is a fast-paced position that requires experience in contract review and management, strong communication skills, and a high degree of organization, initiative, and discretion. A notary commission is helpful.
They will also perform the following duties along with any special projects assigned by the General Counsel:
- Support team with contract administration, including reviewing, drafting, redlining, summarizing, negotiating, and revising contract language, and facilitating process flow.
- Coordinate response to customer and vendor due diligence requests, including Conflict Minerals, REACH, RoHS, Quality, HSE and Business Size requests, often via 3rd party platforms.
- Maintain Company registration on federal platforms, including SAM, ITAR, JCP and DHS record maintenance.
- Assist with implementation and oversight of Company policies and general corporate compliance programs, including drafting, revising and updating policies, and assisting Greenleaf outside counsel as needed.
- Gather facts, history and background information to assist General Counsel in analyzing issues.
- Maintain contract management list and anticipate deadlines; Legal Share Files, Legal Forms, legal templates, Corporate Record books and department files.
- Maintain Patent/Trademark list, including processing quarterly annuity payment requests.
- Process legal invoices from outside counsel.
- Assist Board Secretary with generation of Board agenda, consents and minutes.
- Facilitate contracts for annual Company picnic and coordinate negotiation of fireworks contract.
- Assist biennially with air and ground travel, spouse activities and contract review for International Sales Conference.
- Work with General Counsel to review priorities and maintain calendar.
- Assist team with confidential or sensitive matters covering a wide range of legal issues.
- Serve as the Legal department liaison to various internal departments.
- Notarize documents as needed.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Associate degree, certification or comparable combination of education and work experience in an equivalent role in a law firm or corporate environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PA Notarial Commission (can be obtained post-hire).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate business situations clearly and accurately, to address and resolve issues by communicating difficult information tactfully and diplomatically, and to translate complex ideas into simpler language for non-technicians.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook, and strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of legal contracts and related terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret Company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Keen project management skills, collaboration skills, and the ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and unsupervised, to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects and activities, and to make decisions in an ambiguous and complex environment.
- Ability to work with all levels in the Company, including Executive Management, and with customers and vendors to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders with diverse interpersonal styles and priorities.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Experience in Manufacturing a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. EXCELLENT benefit package available.
Application is available at www.greenleafcorporation.com. To be considered for this opening, please complete an application and send it to Rhonda Boulton, P.O. Box 1040, Saegertown, PA 16433. EOE M/F/V/H
Greenleaf Corporation is a leading developer of cutting tool technology, specializing in the manufacturing of high-performance tungsten carbide and ceramic inserts as well as innovative tool holding systems. Greenleaf continues to build on 75 years of innovation, which centers on supplying customers with productive solutions to every metal cutting situation.
Greenleaf Corporation is positioned to serve the evolving needs of companies in all major segments of the metal cutting industry including gas turbine, steel, medical, roll turning, automotive, machine tool and rail. Greenleaf's products are engineered to provide optimal performance against a wide range of materials under the most rigorous metal cutting conditions. In addition to specially engineered tool holding systems and a comprehensive line of carbide inserts, Greenleaf offers high-quality ceramic and ceramic-composite materials, which can be custom designed for specific machining applications.
From its headquarters in Saegertown, Pennsylvania and a facility in North Carolina, Greenleaf maintains its commitment to pioneering breakthroughs in cutting tool technology and delivering productivity solutions to customers around the world.
Posting ID: 563041164Posted: 2020-08-05