Who We Are
Since 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the pursuit of better - a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Our goal has been to offer the best coffees in the world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and mission. Our Caf Peetniks are passionate about our customers, our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee. Join us! Role Overview
The Cafe Associate will be part of a unique partnership, with Capital One Financial Services where our full Peet's experience will be offered within a Capital One retail location. S/he will work with both the Peet's and Capital One Staff within a specified location.
The Caf Associate is a team member reporting to the Store Manager and supporting Peet's Mission by performing the Serve tenet of the Retail Operating Philosophy (ROP). The Caf Associate provides superior customer service by engaging with customers about products and promotions, cleaning and organizing the caf so it reflects Peet's brand and promptly preparing and serving coffees, teas, and beverages of unequalled quality. The Caf Associate also accurately operates point-of-sales terminals, maintains reliability in attendance, and demonstrates team work and respect in accordance with Peet's Values.
What You Will Do Customer Engagement
Clean and Organized
- Ensure customers know they are welcomed and appreciated; understand what they want and help them with what they need.
- Engage with customers in a sincere and friendly manner through all points of their caf experience, including acknowledging and greeting customers and thanking them for their patronage.
- Seek to understand customer needs and tailor suggestions to suit those needs, sharing product knowledge accurately and confidently and making personal recommendations.
- Prepare and maintain fresh coffee and tea samples. Engage with customers around samples and suggest promotional products and baked goods.
- All areas in store are maintained, clean and well organized and reflect the quality of the Peet's brand.
- Demonstrate pride of the caf by completing all cleaning, stocking, and organizing tasks assigned by service role and the service leader.
- Follow health and safety guidelines.
Speed of Service
- Consistent delivery of the highest quality coffees, teas, beverages and baked goods in accordance with Peet's distinguishing quality standards.
- Prepare handcrafted bar drinks and brew coffee and tea, adhering to freshness and quality standards. Serve beverages in accordance with presentation standards.
- Participate actively in all training to build expertise on new and promotional products. Engage in on-going comparative tasting to expand knowledge of coffee and tea.
- Demonstrate that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency.
- Assist customers before completing other tasks in the caf.
- Perform service role assigned by the service leader and maintain open communication with team members in order to promptly serve customers during peak and slow periods.
- Prepare bar drinks in accordance with speed of service standards and fulfill bean orders promptly.
* This job description captures the position's essential responsibilities. It is not intended to record all duties and expectations of the position as may be communicated and assigned by the Caf Manager or Caf Shift Leader, as necessary.
Who You Are
- Previous retail or other customer service experience preferred.
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of customers.
- Excellent attendance and reliability.
- Orientation to teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated passion for quality.
- Ability to readily adapt to change.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to embrace new information and learn quickly.
- A professional demeanor
In return for all of this, you will receive great benefits (including medical, dental, prescription, vision, 401(k) plan and life insurance), a respectful work environment, excellent training, a sense of accomplishment, advancement opportunities and the breadth and depth of coffee and tea knowledge from the gold standard specialty coffee company.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds.