FWMG15-12674-Services Division Chief-Cheyenne | ` page has loaded.
FWMG15-12674-Services Division Chief-Cheyenne
Description and Functions Open Until Filled GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Division Chief in Cheyenne, WY. This position is responsible for directing, planning, organizing and controlling the statewide functions of the Department's Services Division. The division consists of the conservation engineering, land and access acquisition, habitat and access maintenance, information technology, geographic information system, and wildlife forensic/fish pathology programs. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the division and oversight of approximately 53 permanent and 20 contract personnel. This position oversees the development and management of the division's budget, which is currently $13 million per year. This position serves on the agency's senior leadership team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Directs, supervises and delegates supervision to subordinate supervisors and section managers.
- Represents the department at various internal and external meetings; serves on internal and external working groups and committees; works cooperatively with other state and federal agencies.
- Provides counsel and advice to the Director, Deputy Directors, and the agency's leadership team.
- Attends and participates in Commission meetings; makes presentations to the Commission.
Preference will be given to individuals with work experience in fish and wildlife management.
Preference will be given to those with experience in running a medium to large division.
Preference will be given to those with experience in the supervision of multiple work units.
**A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of progressive work experience is required.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
- Skill in managing and leading large work units or divisions.
- Knowledge of all facets of agency operations, as well as, current events and issues at the regional and national levels.
- Knowledge of fish and wildlife population and habitat management.
- Skill in reviewing and guiding organizational and work unit performance.
- Knowledge of conservation engineering, information technology, and property rights acquisition and management; knowledge of human dimensions, strategic planning, and annual reporting.
- Skill in verbal and written communications; skill in supervision, leadership, and team building; skill in developing and managing complex budgets; skill in negotiating and resolving internal and external conflicts; skill in prioritizing and allocating finite personnel and financial resources to meet the agency's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts associated with Wyoming State Government, including legislative and executive branches.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Wildlife Management) Experience:
5-7 years of progressive work experience (typically in Wildlife Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Game and Fish Manager III OR Education & Experience Substitution:
7-9 years of progressive work experience (typically in Wildlife Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Game and Fish Manager III Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Statewide travel is required.
- FLSA: Exempt
- This is an AT-WILL position, which serves under the direction of the Director.
- This position reports to the Deputy Director, Internal Operations, of the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
- This position hires, promotes, disciplines and terminates division personnel.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Must apply using the State of Wyoming online application system to be considered.
- Submit a letter of interest (limit 1 page) to John Kennedy, Deputy Director, Wyoming Game and Fish Dept., 5400 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82006.
- Submit leadership and management philosophy in relation to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department to John Kennedy, Deputy Director, Wyoming Game and Fish Dept., 5400 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82006. An applicant is encouraged to address specific Wyoming-related wildlife issues (limit 2 pages).
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Services Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Agency State of Wyoming
Address See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, Wyoming, 82002