Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store - a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that's a reflection of themselves and their city - offering a collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes - beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day - while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience - highlighted by our swift app and online store - is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business alongside retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omni-channel brand nationwide.
About the Role
We're in-search for a hands-on, strategic Chief Operating Officer (COO), who possesses a true passion for retail and hospitality. With a strong vision for the future of omni-channel retail, and the desire to bring it to life - the COO will own key business units to create and drive retail operational excellence and fuel our rapid, profitable scale.
A leader with proven experience in driving retail, e-commerce & expansion strategy, defining operational excellence, and relentlessly executing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Overall, the COO will be in lock-step with the CEO and executive team, helping to chart the course for the present performance and future of Foxtrot.
- Translate & communicate Foxtrot's vision & strategy into actionable goals for retail performance and profitable growth.
- Deploy KPIs for the business, and ensure internal and external systems & processes are established to meet or exceed those KPIs..
- Actively inspire an effective store leadership function across Foxtrot; determine training, guidance and support on development, operational excellence & consistency and store profitability.
- Improve engagement & communication between store leaders, their operations teams and HQ support functions, arbitrating any conflict for optimal resolution & outcomes.
- Empower others to take ownership & succeed, influencing team members to achieve individual and team objectives; challenge others to reach their full potential and encourage them to retain ownership for their results.
- Expand the company's influence throughout the industry and among its customer base, strengthening its reputation for excellence and commitment to customer service, product curation, and overall experience.
Profile & Attributes
- Proven business operations experience in a quickly-scaling retail business. 10 years of experience in the retail industry, with at least 3-5 years as a senior leader in a high-growth, rapidly scaling organization.
- Demonstrated success in taking a company to that next level, increasing top-line revenue growth and improving margins, with strong P&L and balance sheet management and solid financial and business acumen.
- Strong strategic capabilities alongside process design & operational leadership, that has successfully delivered in a dynamic environment.
- Reputed track-record as a people-first team builder, with the skills to develop, lead, inspire, and motivate that team to operate successfully.
- Deep experience in & passion for scaling retail.
- Highly energetic, motivated and resourceful.
- Outgoing, ready to roll-up their sleeves, and lead by example.
- Energetic and highly self-motivated.
- Sense of urgency and initiative.
- Results-oriented project manager.
- Participative leadership approach, empowering others in order to achieve results.
- Unwavering commitment to operational excellence and high standards.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical and communication abilities.