Can-do attitude? Motivated? Helpful? You've come to the right place.
At Ace, we're a place where you can make an impact. A place where your help is not only wanted, it's encouraged and celebrated. A Chicago Tribune
Top Workplace four years in a row. A place focused on the future, looking for new and better ways to compete in today's marketplace. A place with an iconic history, a promising future and a competitive spirit. We like to win.
Sound like a place where you'd like to be? But wait, there's more!
Our people are the foundation of what makes Ace great. We're looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the most helpful hardware store on the planet. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Ace's continued success, and your own. The impact you can have
The Talent Acquisition Manager, Retail Support will lead the development and execution of Ace's distribution center talent acquisition strategy, developing a best-in-class approach to attracting, evaluating and hiring talent for Ace's network of 15 distribution centers across the country - also known as Retail Support Centers (RSCs). This role is responsible for developing centralized and market-specific recruitment marketing campaigns as well as developing standardized talent acquisition operations across all distribution centers. Based out of the corporate headquarters, the Talent Acquisition Manager must build strong partnerships throughout the Retail Support sector in order to effectively influence stakeholders on talent acquisition best practices. This individual will blend strong talent acquisition knowledge with a strategic mindset and the drive to deliver impact with excellence. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of talent acquisition professionals supporting over 5,000 distribution center employees across the country that are instrumental in helping over 5,000 Ace Hardware stores be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet! What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Develops Ace's Retail Support short-term and long-term talent acquisition and sourcing strategies making recommendations to Retail Support sourcing strategy and structure
- Develops recruiting marketing strategies and programs based on business needs and priorities that ensure an ongoing pipeline of top talent to fill positions at all levels in Retail Support including warehouse, transportation, and exempt positions
- Builds strong partnerships with key Retail Support stakeholders including Regional Directors, Retail Support Center Managers, HR Managers and RSC Talent Acquisition Specialists to effectively influence adoption of talent acquisition strategies and standardized processes
- Develops best sources to attract top talent and evaluates ROI of each source for each of the 15 RSC's, by site
- Collaborates on employer brand initiatives driving focus on the candidate experience
- Identifies and negotiates contracts with external recruiting, technology and vendors that support the pre-employment process in collaboration with Director of Talent Acquisition and Corporate Talent Acquisition team
- Partners with HRIS to ensure onboarding systems are designed for effective and efficient processing of new hires for both HR Business Partners and candidates
- Designs, implements and maintains the appropriate processes, tools, systems and training necessary to scale and support the recruiting function
- Supervise Talent Acquisition Partner for RSC exempt roles.
We want to hear from you!
- Minimum 5-7 years as incumbent in similar role with demonstrated success in environments that require significant influencing and partnership to accomplish talent acquisition goals
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience recruiting for warehousing, manufacturing or operations related hourly roles, required
- Experience working with Workday ATS preferred
- Strategic thinker with hands-on style to deliver practical and effective solutions
- Well-organized and comfortable with prioritizing and managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Experience creating and implementing projects and processes from inception to completion
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.