Registered Nurse - RN - School Nurse
CareerStaff Unlimited is looking for a caring and passionate Registered Nurse for the 2020-2021 School Year! This opportunity is available in Chicago (60643) and is needed for a full-time, temp-to-hire
basis. The school will be in remote learning until the 2nd quarter at the earliest. During this time the nurse will be calling students and families to provide direct services. Services will be logged on the school's online platform. Additionally, this nurse will be helping the school prepare for the return to campus, will assist in setting up a care room, and will be asked to assist in developing the procedures for a return to campus. MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FOR REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
SKILLS FOR REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
- Familiar with Diastat, Glucagon, Epi-pens, Inhalers, Nebulizers
- Route of meds frequently given: subcutaneous, enteral, oral, topical, eye drops, ear drops, nasal sprays
- Oxygen administration via nasal cannula, bag, mask. Familiar with concentrators and portable tanks as well as how to change them out.
- Documentation - Online/Paper
- Identifies adverse reactions related to medications
- Sliding scale doses
- Doses based on carbohydrate counts
- Insulin pen, syringes, insulin pumps
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
- Treatment of diabetic children
- Glucose monitoring
- Ketone monitoring
- Hypoglycemic interventions
- Hyperglycemic interventions
- Insulin administration. Most doses in the school setting are based on carbohydrate counts. May also see students who have orders for sliding scale.
- Insulin pumps
- Enteral Nutrition:
- Medication administration, enteral feedings, trouble shooting, site monitoring, placement check, tube replacement
- Nasoenteric tubes
- PEG tubes
- CPR, AED, First aid
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC ("CareerStaff") is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff's services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
Posting ID: 582978069Posted: 2020-10-29