ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND'S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free
for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.Hiring Company: The University of Chicago Medicine
Join UChicago Medicine
, as a Guest Services Ambassador
in the Patient Experience
As a Guest Services Ambassador, you will be responsible for providing a welcoming, high quality and supportive hospital service experience for patients, families, visitors and staff. The position is responsible for responding to the needs of these customers by providing information, high quality service and support in a timely manner. Individuals in this position are expected to behave in a positive and enthusiastic manner as they are often the first contact patients and visitors will have with UCMC. In this role, the Guest Services Ambassador will serve as a service ambassador for UCMC and will be held to the highest standards of customer service, recovery, and excellence.
Our goal is to build a team of high energy, goal-oriented future leaders, who will go above-and-beyond to make each encounter memorable here at UCMC; this will sometimes require the Guest Services Ambassador to "step outside the box" to provide service recovery and other accommodations to ensure that a solid foundation is set for a positive patient experience. Essential Job Functions
- Initiates greetings and positive interaction with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Provides a welcoming impression and conveys clear, precise information and directions, in both face to face and telephone encounters.
- Approaches all encounters with customers in a courteous, respectful, attentive, and service oriented manner representing the professional image of UCMC and its mission, vision and values.
- Respects all patients' privacy, perspective, priorities, time, and abilities. Complies at all times with Guest Services policies and procedures to ensure high quality service deliver; and also supports other departments as needed.
- Assists patients and visitors with escorts to and from their desired locations when requested.
- Assist with Patient information lookups and appointment verifications
- Provide service recovery for patients/guests
- Collaboratively work with other departments during process improvement events, such as, "Kaizens" and patient centered "Day in the life" events.
- These experiences are used to proactively identify and participate in opportunities to enhance patient experience in our areas, such as, altering check in processes for patients to make more efficient, etc.
- Provide tours for both internal and external groups
- Assist patients/guests with locating outside resources, such as, lodging, local restaurants attractions, taxi/ medical transportation services as needed
- Provide "special" escorts and orientations for new patients in key areas such as, Oncology and other high-volume clinical areas to ensure the patient is smoothly acclimated.
- Performs other duties assigned including performing visitor and employee health screening before entrance to the hospital.
- College degree preferred
- 5 years Customer Service experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable walking or standing 95% of the time
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating (9:00am - 5:30pm or 10:30am - 7:00pm)
- In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you scheduled shifts will rotate and you will be scheduled to from approximately 9:00am - 5:30pm or from 10:30am - 7:00pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 95% at the Hyde Park campus and 5% at offsite local locations. The days of the week that you are scheduled will be Monday-Friday, and we anticipate that you will not be scheduled to work weekends.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment... with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.