Our Shift Managers work In conjunction with General Manger (GM) and Assistant Manager (AM), to oversees shift operations of Moe’s Southwest Grill Restaurant by working with team members to ensure outstanding customer service to maximize sales and to control food, labor and other operating costs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
- Full-time positions with 5 days per week, 8 hour per day
- All hours over 40 worked each week are paid at time and one half
- Discounted employee meals
- Paid Sick time
- Group Health Benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401k with a 4% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities – we prefer to promote from within to AM or GM
- Performance reviews and potential pay increases after 6 months and annually thereafter.
- Employee Referral bonus
- Maintains shift operations by following established policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards
- Controls food costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Conducts and accounts for precise daily inventory of restaurant food products.
- Assists GM to attract customers by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs.
- Works with Manager to achieve restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to action plans; assists with implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and resolving problems.
- Is learning to assists Managers in accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining hourly staff; communicating job expectations; assisting with planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways. Reports issues following procedures.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Continually improves job knowledge by participating in manager meetings, educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Necessary Skills/Qualifications for Success:
- Experience with or desire to learn how to control food, labor and other operational costs to show increase profits
- Experience with or desire to learn how manage people
- Experience with or desire to learn how to nurture, coach, mentor and hold team members accountable
- Capable to develop team member schedule and flex based on sales volume demands
- Skillful to provide outstanding customer service and maintain customer focus to increase sales
- Able to resolve conflict with customers and team members
- Possess solid communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative
- Time management and deadline oriented
- High Energy Level
- Ability to multitask
Necessary Qualifications for Success:
- Average minimum 1 years’ experience in food service, preferred
- Experience with fast casual restaurant with delivery, preferred
- High school diploma/GED, required
- Associate’s degree or higher in Hospitality or Food Service, preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and able to provide appropriate documentation to complete the form I-9 within 3 days of their first day of employment
- Must be 18 years of age, have acceptable criminal background check, possess a valid driver’s license, maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR), have proof of insurance and a satisfactory vehicle to make Bank Deposits and Catering Deliveries.
- Frequently moves about inside the restaurants kitchen and backrooms (which maybe in a basement or second floor)
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 20 pounds on a regular basis when working in the kitchen
- Must be able to constantly operate computer and other office productivity machinery
- Must be able to consistently see and hear customers via the phone and in person
- Frequently works in a hot kitchen or able to make deliveries in a motor vehicle in all weather conditions
Savin Brands was established in January 2005. We purchased two existing Wings Over locations: Wings over West Hartford and Wings over Storrs and over the next few years we began to open additional restaurants. Today, we have 5 Wings restaurants in central Connecticut, 5 in the greater Boston Massachusetts area. In September 2018 we purchased 13 existing Moe's Southwest Grill locations; 10 in Connecticut and 3 in Western Massachusetts. We anticipate opening many more restaurants in the next few years. Savin Brands is committed to providing our customers with great food and exception service. Our Values consists of Service, Accountability, Value Relationships, Integrity and No Limits. We are able to accomplish this through our employees who are:
- Strong work ethic
- Have Fun
- Positive Attitude
If this environment matches your career goals, working with Savin Brands will be the beginning of something great for your career! To learn more about Savin Brands visit our website at www.savinbrands.com
Posting ID: 65050038Posted: 2020-10-16