US-MA-West SpringfieldJob ID:
2020-1627# of Openings:
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of homecare patient records in accordance with applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. The Medical Records Clerk position is located out of the West Springfield, MA office. Hours are Monday-Friday 830am-5pm.
- Maintenance of patient records (electronic and hard charts).
- Ensures timely filing of patient documentation.
- Collaborates in decisions regarding Medical Record issues.
- Ensures that physician orders are returned within required time frame.
- Reports clinical/billing discrepancies to supervisor.
- Responsible for communicating appropriate information to supervisor and co-workers.
- Answers telephone for the department as needed.
- Back up for Insurance Verification and give support as needed.
- Follow up on patients in facility at EOE.
- Process EOE summary.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
Company OverviewWhy Choose The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- 1 year of medical records experience in homecare preferred
*This is a Medical Records Clerk position based in the West Springfield, MA Office*
- The Overlook offers a great working environment and each employee's contribution is valued as an important member of our care team.
- Our Innovative Outcome Based Operational model rated # 1 in Central MA and among the Top 5 in the State in Quality of Care, Clinical Outcomes and Customer Satisfaction.
- Our tailor made Plans of Care are aimed to address patient specific clinical needs without restricting amount of services provided.
- We partner with referral sources to support their operation and help them to overcome their challenges.
- We offer excellent employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. A 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off for all employees hired for 24 hours or more starting Day One of your employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
Posting ID: 601365716Posted: 2021-01-22