Assoc Business Development Director
Location: San Diego, CA (Remote)
Job Description Summary
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales of global CRO clinical trial services directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at sponsors currently working in the emerging biopharma space (clinical study phases I-III).
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
- Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
- Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
- Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical, sales and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
- Travel and overnight trips expected
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to set vision and direction.
- Ability to influence outcomes.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Posting ID: 610366562Posted: 2021-03-03