We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To assist Fleet Technician II and Fleet Technician III in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.
A. Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet manager on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet. 1. Learn to perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state required inspections and frequencies).
2. Learn to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods under the guidance of fleet technician II & III, fleet supervisor or manager on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment.
3. Learn to perform quality maintenance repairs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.
B. Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, timely and quality manner. 1. Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
2. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
3. Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
4. Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager
Education and / or Experience:
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.