I have a great Direct Hire Opportunity for Human Resources Partner in Distribution Industry in Chino, Ca.
Apply to www.staffmark.com and use Job ID # 1123914
The Human Resources Business Partner administers human resources policies and programs for Distribution Center across multiple sites in a region. May also support a corporate or other business entity that is large and complex in nature. The Human Resources Business Partner will administer and oversee programs for talent management, organizational planning and development, retention, training, employee relations, compensation, and benefits. The role is expected to provide ongoing Human Resources expertise and counsel to local leadership. The role ensures excellent HR service to all levels of employees as an individual contributor. In some cases, the role may lead or provide guidance to lower level staff. The Human Resources Business Partner reports to a Human Resources Director or Manager, while maintaining a strong dotted line to the leaders they support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Organizational Development & Training
• Understand business goals and recommend approaches to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and within the company.
• Integrate the talent management process to include detailed analysis of potential talent gaps and development of career plans.
• Ensure review process is administered fairly and effectively. Assist managers and employees in preparing Individual Development Plans.
• Partner with the Learning and Development department to identify training needs.
• Conducts training for employees and leadership regarding HR issues, new hires and onboarding.
Recruitment and Retention
• Make recommendations to identify and retain current talent as well as attract outside talent to the business.
• Review applicant qualifications and assist recruiting in local hiring needs. Recommends internal candidates for further considerations. Works with hiring manager and Recruiting to help determine compensation and total package.
• Assist Recruiting at onsite or offsite recruiting events including job fairs and college recruiting.
• Conduct exit interviews with employee leaving the company to gauge areas of success and opportunities for improvement.
Employee Relations and Performance Management
• Work with managers to facilitate the positive and legal handling of employee relations and communication matters.
• Investigate and liaise with Legal department to respond to complaints of harassment, discrimination, employee grievances and other sensitive issues. Ability to prepare positon statements for EEOC.
Policy Interpretation and Administration
• Assist managers in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures, and appropriate corresponding paperwork and documentation.
• Maintain the confidential nature of all employee and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
• Maintain current knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures with HR field.
• Prepare and analyze data relevant to assignments and in the course of fulfilling normal HR related tasks.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Partner with compensation department on wage recommendations and regional studies and FLSA job assessment advice as needed.
• Bachelor Degree required in Human Resources or general business area.
• 6-8 years’ experience in a Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment law, recruiting, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
• The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
• Strong principles, people and management skills.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state employment law
• Computer applications experience using MS Office. HRIS experience required.
• Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
• Strong internal and external customer focus.
• Excellence in organizational and interpersonal skills.
• DOT and OSHA experience desirable
• Domestic travel may be required 50%
• Bi-Lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
• May be required to perform duties beyond standard business hours.
• Required to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged period of times.
• Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devises such as telephone.
Apply to www.staffmark.com and use Job ID # 1123914
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.