Information Technology Systems Administrator works under the immediate supervision and direction of the Director of Technology. Under the general supervision of the Director of Technology, works in conjunction with the Director of Technology and shares responsibility for the specification, selection, installation, configuration, system management and operation of all server hardware and software. The IT Systems Administrator works as part of the Information Technology Services Team to maintain all server related assets, applications, and services. Performs other related duties as assigned. Essential Functions
- Act as the first point of contact for any IT related issue that come in from users
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot virtual Windows server infrastructure
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot network infrastructure including firewalls, switches, access points, network printers, and various network monitoring hardware
- Provide Tier 2 support for users
- Coordinating discussions with vendors around new or emerging technologies
- Prepare and maintain written documentation of server and application environments
- Work with vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents
- Work with Director of Technology in implementing new server technologies
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend any required meetings
- Respond to after hour alerts when required
- Travel for equipment maintenance and replacement
- Help in the planning and implementation of critical IT projects
- Communicate maintenance or planned outages to Administrative assistant in a timely manner
- Monitor and resolve opened tickets in a timely fashion
- Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, plus four years of experience providing Information Technology Administration Services.
- A four-year degree, technical certificates or awards is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Site-to-Site VPN, LAN, and WAN topologies and architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft email systems.
- Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Familiarity in configuring and maintaining VMware.
- Preferred working knowledge of IP Telephony.
- Working knowledge PC hardware and components including processors, motherboards, accessories, cards, peripherals.
- Working knowledge of PC/LAN application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and E-Mail (MS Outlook).
- Common sense and the ability to work independently, good communication skills, a strong sense of professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have high level knowledge of MS Office Suite software, Office 365, and SharePoint Online.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Clear communication in key and must be able to operate autonomously with limited direction.)
- Must have excellent analytical and problem resolution skills. (Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.)
- Must represent the company in a professional manner and be a team player.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills; must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Must possess a high level of self-motivation and determination to successfully complete tasks, projects and responsibilities in a timely manner.
Restrictions:Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time as necessary.Must be able to safely lift/maneuver up to 50lbs as necessary throughout the workday, such as moving switches, routers, servers, and computers. Job includes travel to other Plant Locations and sites. Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism while working in stressful situations.This position requires flexibility with extended work hours, potentially being on call. Valid Drivers’ License is necessary. Other Comments:
This job description, as written for the position of Information Technology Systems Administrator for Carroll Concrete Company/Newport Sand & Gravel Co., Inc. is an accurate reflection of the essential job functions for this position. This job description and its contents are subject to change without notice at Carroll Concrete's discretion.
Part of the IT Systems Administrator job description will be "other" tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Posting ID: 597424768Posted: 2021-01-25