Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As a Lift Operations Team Lead, your role is to provide Epic guest service as you lead ourLift Operationsteam. TheTeamLead will assist insupervising all aspects of daily operations with an emphasis on: safety, guest service, and efficient operation of all Lift Operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a Leader: Help lead the activities team in adherence to service standards, maintaining a safe work area and activity, efficiently performing daily operating procedures and equipment inspections, managing staffing levels, adapting to changing business needs, providing timely breaks, keeping the team's energy high, and providing rewards and recognition for our high performing staff.
- Be a Trainer and Coach: Help to train employees to provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions. Constantly evaluate employee performance and provide timely, effective coaching.
- Have Fun: Lead your team in providing experiences of a lifetime to our guests and fellow staff members. Reward and recognize your staff and proactively work to keep the team energy high all season.
- Be Safe: Oversee and assist in building, performing maintenance, and repairs for designated activities as needed. Work with maintenance team to ensure a high level of safety and efficient operation of activities. Supervise the daily opening and closing procedures of activities. Ensure accurate and timely completion of inspection logs.
- Serve Others: Make personal and long lasting connections with your fellow employees and with your guests while sharing your love of outdoor adventure. Engage with our guests and receive guest feedback and special requests. Provide on the spot resolutions and elevate guests' experiences through our Epic Service Solutions Program.
- Do Right: Act with integrity - always do the right thing, knowing it will lead to the right outcome. Proactively communicate with Activities Leadership to drive improvements in the department. Set clear expectations with the staff and coach them respectfully to ensure their success.
- Drive Value: Be a positive advocate for Stowe Mountain Resortand the high quality experience and service we provide to our guests. Adapt staffing levels to changing business levels. Provide timely breaks and monitor staff rotations. Adhere to an operations plan that supports the budget and controls costs while ensuring a quality guest experience.
- Do Good: Help keep our mountain clean and looking good. Help our guests enjoy what the great outdoors has to offer, and they may become life-long advocates for our mountains.
- Stay Flexible: Ours is a dynamic work environment. You'll have a variety of tasks to do every day, and every day will be a new adventure. Be willing to perform all other tasks as assigned, and be flexible if changes are made to improve the operation.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow and adhere to all company and departmental service standards.
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e. ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up, low tip areas shoveled, etc.
- Abide by operating procedures, i.e. opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc
- Adapt to changing business levels.
- Follow and perform all departmental policies and procedures, i.e. punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Work is performed in an efficient, accurate and organized manner.
- Monitor the operations of the lift continually, and notify appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions.
- Complete all required paperwork legibly and in a timely manner.
- Willingly perform expected amount of snow work, i.e., ramp work, maze work, low tip work, etc.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping pertaining to all operational log sheets.
- Assist Lift Guides with incident investigation paperwork.
- Ensure that lift staff is meeting all safety and appearance standards at all times.
- Schedule breaks and lunches for staff operating assigned lifts.
- Coach Lift Operators if they are feeling challenged with their work or if they are not performing to our expected standards.
- Ensure that the lifts you are responsible for are abiding by all ANSI, departmental and company standards. Report any issues immediately to your Supervisor if you cannot correct a situation on your own.
- Disseminate information to team members.
- Basic high school education desirable, showing basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work quickly and alertly, and to strictly observe safety procedures.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about activities, events, policies, schedules, etc. pertaining to Stowe Mountain Resort and the local area.
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous, efficient and confident/authoritative manner.
- Highest level of guest service skills and reliability.
- Extremely positive attitude to assigned tasks.
- At least 1 year of lift-related experience.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Previous guest service experience in an outdoor environment preferred.
- Previous operations or activities experience preferred.
- Basic construction knowledge and ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with a variety of guests and staff. Familiarity with Stowe Mountain Resort preferred.
- Experience working on and leading a team in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift at least 55lbs.
- Basic computer skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old. High School diploma or equivalent.
At Okemo, we've got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 243631
Posting ID: 602158700Posted: 2021-01-28