Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS SENIOR CLERK - 64952440
Salary: $15.00/ hour
Posting Closing Date: 09/30/2020Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Florida Department of Health. If you're looking to build a great career in public health - you've come to the right place. Many of our innovative and successful home-visiting programs are recognized throughout Florida. We hope you decide to join this team and make the Florida Department of Health your employer of choice.The Department of Health's mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts
. OPS SENIOR CLERK
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County is currently recruiting for an OPS Senior Clerk to support the state health office and county health departments in response to the outbreak of COVID-19.
This position requires a valid driver's license. The incumbent must be able to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in COVID-19 activities such as assisting with testing appointments, Release of Information forms, and document uploading.
- Places and answers telephones, ensuring calls are answered promptly, professionally, courteously, and are routed to the appropriate areas.
- Provides coverage as needed for other DOH-Pinellas staff such as assisting with breaks and coverage during staff absences and as scheduled.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include after normal working hours and on weekends.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate COVID-19 health-related prevention measures such as the need to wear masks, social distancing, and sanitation aspects such as the washing of hands.
- Ability to fluently speak English and Spanish is highly desired.
*Note:Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic submission process.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Current State Employees - Salary for current employees is based on employee's current payband/ paygrade.
Only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962 will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, visithttp://www.sss.gov.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration.Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) to conduct this background check.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending on the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 565174829Posted: 2020-07-24