Cellular Sales Phone Repair Technician Classification
Non-Exempt Reports to
Regional Director JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary/Objective
The Phone Repair Tech provides service, oversees inventory, markets available services, manages repair tickets, and handles customer service issues. Essential Functions
- Manage, track, and order parts inventory
- Tag and label incoming POs-setting cost and MSRP
- Manage tools and supplies needed for repairs
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair phones, tablets & other small wireless electronics
- Marketing/advertising the repair center to acquire business
- Manage repair tickets to ensure repairs are done in a timely manner
- Ensure quality customer service experience
- Customer communications
- Setup and organization of the repair center for efficiency
- Design the repair center in a manner that is efficient for each technician to work and a comfortable atmosphere for the customer
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
This job is in a store/retail environment. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use a ladder.
- Must able to drive and meet the driver approval standards of the company.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel
1 - 10% Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma Equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 2 year degree
- Master Technician Certification
- Practical Motherboard Repair Certification
- Micro Soldering Certification
Organizational, Troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Ability to promote and maintain a team environment. AAP/EEO Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 547430424Posted: 2020-07-14