This position is classified as non-exempt and reports to the Assistant Manager, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
Cashiers are the first point of contact for our guests and are directly responsible for delivering a great experience. You will take and enter orders, handle payments, keep the dining room and other guest areas clean, and provide excellent service to our guests by following standard operating procedures with a sense of urgency.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan
- Hands-on stations training
- Any additional training required by Zax LLC
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Promptly greet guests as they enter and thank them as they leave
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Explain menu items, answer questions, and suggest additional items
- Enthusiastically represent the Zaxby’s brand
- Accurately complete orders and guest transactions
- Enter guest orders accurately into the point of sale system
- Accept payments, operate cash registers, and maintain receipts
- Handle cash payments, count and verify tills, and record totals appropriately
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming environment
- Clean and maintain guest areas including dining room, counters, bathrooms, and building exterior
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Stock paper goods, condiments, serveware, and beverages
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner
- Prepare beverages, sauces, produce, and other items
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Accurately complete, package, and present guest orders
- Assist with kitchen and back of house tasks as assigned
- Other responsibilities
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
At Zax LLC, we have core values that drive our business. We stick to these values to make sure that we are moving in the right direction. By using these values as guidelines in everything you do, you’ll help keep Zax LLC unique and special.
- Guest Focused – Our success is linked to satisfied guests. We will keep the guest at the center of everything we do.
- Develop Talent – We recognize that people are our most important asset. We strive to attract, motivate, recognize, and develop the best, diverse talent possible.
- Operational Excellence – We execute our systems with excellence. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in everything that we do.
- Continuous Improvement – We deliver what we promise but strive to deliver more than is expected. We will embrace change when it allows us to improve excellence.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to work a minimum of 9 hours per week
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgment to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Posting ID: 565046585Posted: 2020-07-23