To lead and facilitate production efforts in the Grocery Department including frozen and dairy. Ensure that procedures and policies are being followed to ensure effective and profitable operations of the grocery department through sales maximization and employee growth. Responsibilities
- Ensures that guests receive polite, friendly service from the grocery department as measured through mystery shops and management observation. This includes assisting in Fast Service on the front end.
- Through guidance of the store manager, ensure that processes are in place to achieve budgeted financial results.
- Maintains an in-store selling culture that ensures growth through; execution of company merchandising programs, planning and executing weekly sales themes, ensuring in-stock conditions and participates in weekly sales meetings. Responsible for ordering. Measures and reacts to out of stocks.
- Work cohesively with the store manager scheduling the department effective to operations and to the demands of the guest.
- Ensures the department is run in compliance with company standards (as measured by ALI audits).
- Ensures through the direction of the store manager direct reports understand expectations for performance, assists in holding them accountable to achieve productivity goals and meets with them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual performance appraisal).
- Mentors and play the role of a steward for teaching and training departmental staff. Additionally assists in building a talent planning bench for the department, including developing and executing development plans for all high-potential and promotable individuals.
- Assists store manager in grocery inventory and achieves targeted shrink objectives.
- Maintains backroom, coolers and freezers to standard (T.I.E.S.)
- Shares responsibility with store manager for executing weekly pricing audits, weekly pull lists, and flyer recaps and monthly ALI self-audits.
- Takes complete ownership of entire grocery department. This includes dairy, frozen food, general merchandise and health and beauty care. Takes complete ownership of entire grocery department. This includes dairy, frozen food, general merchandise and health and beauty care.
- Creates an environment that is enthusiastic, customer focused, and embedded in a selling culture.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local statutes, regulations and company policies.
- Maintains a safe department for guests and employees.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Ability to supervise all employees when performing total store coverage.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. consistently and 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to read and understand information and direction.
- 1-3 years of supermarket knowledge.
- Ability to lead people, including training and development.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements on the job.
- Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, push/pull stock carts and operate a pallet jack for extended periods of time.
Posting ID: 564910942Posted: 2020-08-03